Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Perm and dying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Back in china again and my hair has gone flat :'(

so i'm going to have a light perm to put some body and volume and texture back in, and i also want to have some highlights put through. How long should i wait between them? can i get them done in one sitting?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you can, something in the bleach and the perming solution doesn't mix? Best to be safe, in case all your hair falls out :yes:
  • Options
    I think you can actually get them done at the same time, or wait a few days in between cos 2 lots of chemical products on your hair isn't very good for the hair so make sure your hair is in good condition in the first place - not dry, has bleach in already, been coloured a lot - because perming/bleaching is pretty drastic on the hair so both will probably send it loopy if your hairs in bad condition. But speak to a proffessional. I only know cos I've worked in a hairdressers and I'm a hairdressing student :)
  • Options
    i thought this was gonna be about people dying from having a perm :lol: ahem