Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm getting my teeth shaved!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm so excited. I looked at my teeth tonight and noticed that from a piercing, the top tooth was chipped a bit and the bottem 4 front teeth had become very uneven. It looked like a pice of paper that had been ripped, you know, how its not completly straight but little bumps every here and there.
So I called my dad and he made an appt for me to come back home and I'd visit my dentist and we'd get them all shaved up. I'm quite excited.
But does teeth shaving hurt? I've never had it done befre. I would assume it wouldn't, as its just the very top and it would be like filing nails, but teeth. But I've never had it done and it will be a month unitl it happens, so I'd like opinionts.

Comments

• Options
    Aaaahhh that sounds horrible!! But I bet they'll look nice after ;)
  • Options
    We wouldnt know, we're British and have bad teeth after all. :(
  • Options
    the thought makes me cringe, but im sure ive had teeth filed in the past. Ive had so much crap done to mine, and still need more.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm so excited. I looked at my teeth tonight and noticed that from a piercing, the top tooth was chipped a bit and the bottem 4 front teeth had become very uneven. It looked like a pice of paper that had been ripped, you know, how its not completly straight but little bumps every here and there.
    So I called my dad and he made an appt for me to come back home and I'd visit my dentist and we'd get them all shaved up. I'm quite excited.
    But does teeth shaving hurt? I've never had it done befre. I would assume it wouldn't, as its just the very top and it would be like filing nails, but teeth. But I've never had it done and it will be a month unitl it happens, so I'd like opinionts.
    I've had it done and it just tickled (sp?) a bit if you are haing the same thing as me done.

And despite being British I like to think I have nice teeth :thumb:
  • Options
    I would get that done because my teeth are quite sharp now cos of my peircing, but I happen to like it that way.....
  • Options
    oh I've had that done! yeh it's just like having your nails filed but on teeth, it's quite noisey and they spray water in your mouth to wash the shavings out which isn't necessarily very pleasant, but it's fine. I was worried it'd involve an injection cause I didnt know the exact process, but it was fine, didn't hurt at all :thumb: