Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Im broody - help!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    points and laughs already :lol::lol: :thumb:

sounds cool though, just not really how it happens.

You beat me to the pointing and laughing thing. Especially when it comes to the toys!!
  • Options
    I'm sure I will have terrified and disturbed children.

On the other hand i have quite a large problem with not throwing away toilet rolls and washing up liquid bottoms on the off chance that my as yet unconceived children might need them for a school project and i've hoads of coloured paper so hopefully they will have a lovely messy time whilst locked in the room!!
  • Options
    Mollow wrote:
    Grocery Store Test
    Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take them with you as you shop at the grocery store. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.

since my limited experience of having sole charge of a small child stretches only so far as taking them to the shops to give their mum a rest, i am frightened by how true this is.

only they are worse than goats, cause goats don't wipe bogies in the pic 'n' mix, or tell the shopkeeper to bugger off :o
  • Options
    information

hi its christele the new moderator (check out "introduce yourself"!!), here is a link to pregancy and parenting to help with any queries!!

http://www.thesite.org.uk/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends/pregnacyandparenthood :thumb:
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    See exactly why I dont' want children.

My prerequisites for having one are:

a) I have a house large enough for them to have a separate play room where they can make as much mess as they like but there toys are on pain of death to remain in that room and go NOWHERE else in the house

b) They have their own bathroom.

c) I have a Nanny who takes care of them 5 days a week (which includes a saturday) - however this will probably be a nanny share with some of my friends.

d) My standard of living does not go down and I still have exactly the same ammount of money to spend on myself as I do now - because i find it hard enough to manage with just me on what I earn.

e) I'm able to give my children all the things I had as a child and more

f) When they reach 12 they're being shipped off to summer camp in the US for the whole summer weather they like it or not - i'm sure it will teach independence.

g) I still get one meal out a week.

I do however realise this is a total spoilt rich kid view of things; but I think its a better view to have than to think that having a baby is all sweetness and light and i allow you all to laugh and point at me in a years time when i'm all babied up!!

Also there are so many unloved children in the world - why not love one of them instead i've never understood this need to reproduce yourself...
    :lol: what would be the point in having them if a nanny does all the looking after and they spend the summer away? might as well not have any..
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    :lol: what would be the point in having them if a nanny does all the looking after and they spend the summer away? might as well not have any..

I think they make great accessories ;p

But basically my entire motivation for having children is because once when I was about 8 I was on a bus on the way back to the airport after a skiing holiday. The company we had been with had 2 chalets in the resort one was a family one and the other was adults only. A woman from the adults only chalet got onto the bus took one look at us and went "uggghhhh children" - I vowed at that point i would never turn into that woman and therefore to I must have some children to make myself normal.......

Is that a crap reason - I actually quite want to adopt or foster but my husband is having none of it which i think is a pity. I dont' mind children as such I just have a problem with babies.....
  • Options
    i saw a programme quite a while ago about some sisters in the north west, one had got pregnant by accident and the other decided to make it into a game and see who could have theirs first. the two were both at school, living at home etc and i don't recall them having partners or anything.

A baby may seem appealing but as alot of people have said it isn't as easy as it looks, and sure as hell isn't cheap. Personally I think it would be kind of unfair to have a child unless you have a place to bring it up and can afford to see to it's needs. No offence but how many high school kids or college students are financially stable or have a place to bring up a child? Perhaps if girls weren't given little dolls to play with at such a young age they wouldn't think it was so easy. Do people have no ambition in life anymore?

I'm 18, renting with my boyfriend and we both have full time jobs and though we (mainly I as he is 23) may be too young to even think about it we agree there's no way we can even think of having a family until we own our own place with the room and can afford it.. now i've totally lost where i'm going with this.

Oh yeah, so both me and my boyfriend have neices and nephews both under the age of 3 and we adore them and love them so much, see them as often as we can and would do anything for them, they're the most beautiful precious things in the world but we wouldn't want to bring our own into the world if there was a chance of it being hurt because we can't afford everything, nappies, food, clothes all the time..etc.

Besides, some days I wake up thinking: man, the world is so shit, why would anyone even want to bring a child into this? Its horrible.

Hmm..wonder if I got my ranting accross? Sorry, just have to get these things out.
  • Options
    Don't got o this website then...
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/office-attachments/index.html

and don't click on the "baby laughs"!!!

Miss x