Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MPs give go-ahead for ban on 'glorification of terrorism'

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Muslims don't wear turbans, the traditional head covering is called a Kufi (aka Tagiyah in Saudi Arabia) over this some may opt to wear the traiditonal scarf (Ghutra) as well.

The turban is worn by Sikhs, another religion entirely.

Exactly, and I knew that, thats why it was even funnier because it further poured scorn on those in power and their inability to recognise seperate racial and religious groupings.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, and I knew that, thats why it was even funnier because it further poured scorn on those in power and their inability to recognise seperate racial and religious groupings.

Quite.

Terrorist is a matter of opinion. We could claim our current government is based upon terrorists: Beheaded Kings anyone?
  • Options
    Well, i have a question, maybe it is even philisophical, but here it is;

Can you be a terrorist if you are an elected leader? Surely Hamas were terrorists but now are not as they are legitimately elected. Surely Osama Bin Laden is a terrorist not just for his actions but that fact he is attempting to seize power by force at the expense of innocent lives when no one has elected him and he is only popular with a tiny minority. Sadly a minority who commit mass murders for him.

ok, thats more then ONE question i know, sorry...
  • Options
    In my opinion, yes, you are. A terrorist is one who inflicts terror on others by violent or threatening means.

I can think of one or two Western leaders (no prizes offered for guessing) who can safely be called terrorists.