Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

yet another slightly dodgy bill being put through parliament

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmbills/111/06111.i-ii.html

bit of a nightmare to work through, can't find any simple forms of it though

however basically it states once a bill has become an act of parliament, ministers have the power to rewrite it as long as they tell parliament, not that parliament can stop them changing it though

and strangely the only safeguard lies in a vauge discription which is checked, strangely enough by ministers of the cabinet

almost like the CC (civil contingencies) act which allows the home secretery to declare an emergency with vague meaning, which would allow him/her to suspend any act of parliament, and ANY act, including the The 1918 Representation of the People Act which allows women to vote for example

i don't know how people can't see what's happening in this country, thankfully i got my passport last year, so by 10 years time illl be going abroad to canada, new zealand or somewhere like that

Comments

• Options
    http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmbills/111/06111.i-ii.html

bit of a nightmare to work through, can\'t find any simple forms of it though

however basically it states once a bill has become an act of parliament, ministers have the power to rewrite it as long as they tell parliament, not that parliament can stop them changing it though

and strangely the only safeguard lies in a vauge discription which is checked, strangely enough by ministers of the cabinet

almost like the CC (civil contingencies) act which allows the home secretery to declare an emergency with vague meaning, which would allow him/her to suspend any act of parliament, and ANY act, including the The 1918 Representation of the People Act which allows women to vote for example

i don\'t know how people can\'t see what\'s happening in this country, thankfully i got my passport last year, so by 10 years time illl be going abroad to canada, new zealand or somewhere like that

that\'s half the point though, make legislation so unbearably long winded that noone can actually be arsed to work out what\'s going on, apart from the elitist bastards at the top........pretty scary shit innit wmp, im definitely not hanging around to find out......
  • Options
    Like Rolly said, we'll be getting our pensions in bowls of porridge at this rate.