Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fox News!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i put on Fox News this morning because i like a good laugh with my breakfast and in the space of 10 minutes this is what i saw on the "Fox and friends" morning breakfast show live from New York.

A report on how former Dick Cheyney shot a man in the face while duck hunting, including many many jokes about whether the guy was secretly an Al Quida operative that Cheyney was "taking care of" for good old Dubya!

Former Democrat Candidate for President Congressman Dr Dean, saying Dick Cheyney should resign and be put on trial for been personally responsibble for ordering his chief of staff to leak information to the public to create a case and rouse support for war with Iraq, follwed by them showing "that" clip of Dr Dean acting like a Professional wrestler shouting "YEEE HA" to a Democrat rally.

Then the final report was on how they, the show hosts, thought Former Vice president Al Gore should go to jail for treason at the very least because he, according to them, while giving a speach in Suadi Arabia, told a Saudi audience that after 9/11 the American government of George Bush was responsible for unforgiveable, racist treatmen of Muslims in America, in which they were rounded up and put in camps similar to concentraion camps and were tortured, particularly Saudi's. They didnt show his speach or provide a transcript to check, they just said he was insighting anti-American feelings in the region and everything Bush did post 9/11 was the right thing at the time.

Im sorry, but WTF kind of people work at fox? Who decides to put this on? Why is there no evidence? And how can anyone insult Al Gore...he played himself in futurama twice!

Comments

• Options
    Two words for you: Rupert Murdoch.

Fox represents everything that is wrong with American politics, and to a greater extent, with the human race. They are the worst kind of scum representing and defending the worst kind of scum.

Put it this way. Fox started the proceedings to sue itself after they took The Simpsons to court for poking fun at the station. Someone had to point it out to them that The Simpons is produced by and belongs to, er, Fox.

They are nothing but a bunch of dangerous fascists ready to censor and sue anyone who has but the smallest criticism of their company... while at the same time carrying out demonisation campaigns against anyone critical of the Bush administration.

They even tried to stop the publication of a book critical of the company's practices, on the basis that its sub-title, "A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" was a breach of copyright of Fox's "Fair and Balanced" slogan.

Pure evil scum.
  • Options
    Fox is tabloid Journalism. Unfortunately whilst they have some good print media (Washington Times, for example) US TV news is pretty crap - the other channels aren't much better and at least with Fox its bias is obvious.
  • Options
    It is very, very good for a laugh. It's my no.1 choice for late-night viewing/chortling, though sometimes it just makes my jaw drop.
  • Options
    What was the story about some kind of foodstuff that was poisonous, and a documentary revealed it, but fox refused to show it because one of their major advertisers would have removed their support? I think that was it...
  • Options
    Fox news is entertaining though,

Absoultly breathtakingly biased, it dosnt evern have the pretense of impartiality.
  • Options
    Fox news is entertaining though,

Absoultly breathtakingly biased, it dosnt evern have the pretense of impartiality.
    But they do! Look at their slogan.

And furthermore, they're always threaten with legal action to anyone who suggests they're in the habit of indulging in 'biased' journalism.
  • Options
    I can't even watch Fox News. There's nothing wrong with a news channel wanting to be different to its counterparts, but they've gone too far the other way.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I can't even watch Fox News. There's nothing wrong with a news channel wanting to be different to its counterparts, but they've gone too far the other way.

I tried to watch it once.

It lasted about am inute before it got changed to CNN.
  • Options
    I'm surprised they haven't made Ann Coulter their anchorperson to be honest...
  • Options

The person they do have is even better. I can't remember his name but he looks like a scary doctor Phil and says things like "shut up hippy" to democrat senators. Amazingly good fun.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    klintock wrote:
    The person they do have is even better. I can't remember his name but he looks like a scary doctor Phil and says things like "shut up hippy" to democrat senators. Amazingly good fun.

Eric Cartman?
  • Options
    Is it that O'Reilly guy? the one who wrote a childrens book about avoiding scandals then got caught up in a sexual harrasment scandal himself?
  • Options
    OMG! That video is soooo true!
  • Options
    lol!! Wow. I used to think those Fox jokes in the Simpsons were just clever little jokes done because Fox owned the Simpsons but it turns out they were all true!!!

jeez, thats just crazy.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Eric Cartman?
    I always suspected he was a Republican...
  • Options
    Eric Cartman is funny!!!!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    she sells her books on the premise that liberals control the media, if they give her an anchor-ship... there goes her reason to rant.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I always suspected he was a Republican...
    nope, he's a member of the American Nazi Party. See....

cartman.jpg

:lol:
  • Options
    From a recent South Park episode:

"I'm sorry children, Eric can't come out to play. He's been grounded all week for trying to exterminate the Jews". :D
  • Options
    It's the most politically incorrect program ever and I love it!
  • Options
    My favourite ever was the response of Fox columnist John Gibson in response to Kofi Annan's refusal to quit his post at the UN in the wake of the oil-for-food scandal:
    "I must say the quote for Tuesday comes from a guy I've taken some satisfaction in kicking around lately. Kofi Annan, the U.N. Secretary General, was asked by a reporter if he thought he should resign for the good of the U.N. He replied emphatically, "Hell no"...You gonna quit, you lousy Euro wimp — you hand-wringing corruption-tolerating anti-American?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151864,00.html

Mr Annan is from Ghana...did any Fox viewers write in to let John know what continent Ghana is in I wonder?!
  • Options
    haha!! To the quote up there and the south park quotes.

South Park kicks ass!
  • Options
    YES! Fox news is the most politically incorrect show on tv at the moment!
  • Options
    Last night, ITV4 (of all places) broadcast a show called "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism". Whilst I thought the documentary got slightly sensationalist at times, I must admit I'm quite spooked by the power of some in the Murdoch press. I was particularly shocked by one interview being conducted on a programme called "The O'Reilly Factor". A man came on his show, accusing the US of contributing to terrorism. O'Reilly gave him a piece of his mind in a horrendous, venomous attack. The man is a disgrace.
  • Options
    lol.

well I dont doubt fox is biased and moronic in their views but makes a change to have a journalist have a go back at whatever guest they bring on. I mean all I see ones over here kissing ass to everyone they bring on, with the exception of Paxman and he only does that as a gimmick.
  • Options
    this bit from simpsons springs to mind
    In a TV debate between the two candidates, the reporter notes: "Welcome to Fox News, your voice for evil. Tonight we'll be interviewing the top two candidates for Springfield's 24th congressional district. For the Republicans, beloved children's entertainer, Krusty the Clown. And for the Democrats, this guy.
    Armstrong: "I have a name."
    Reporter: "Yes, I'm sure you do comrade. I do appreciate you're being here, you're usually so mired in sleaze, it must be an effort to come down to the studio."
    Krusty: "May I say something?"
    Reporter: "Certainly, Congressman."
    Armstrong: "He hasn't won yet."
    Reporter: "You make a very adulterous point. We will now conclude this debate with a Krusty campaign commercial."
    While the debate was airing, the following ran on the news ticker: "Pointless news crawls up at 37 percent. ... Do Democrats cause cancer? Find out at Foxnews.com. ... Rupert Murdoch: Terrific Dancer. ... Dow down 5000 points. ... Study: 92 percent of Democrats are gay. ... JFK posthumously joins Republican Party. ... Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple. ... Dan Quayle: Awesome."
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well I dont doubt fox is biased and moronic in their views but makes a change to have a journalist have a go back at whatever guest they bring on. I mean all I see ones over here kissing ass to everyone they bring on, with the exception of Paxman and he only does that as a gimmick.
    Exactly. What chance is there that Andy Marr is going to use Sunday AM to really grill politicians, instead of lazily going along with everything his New Labour cronies tell him?
  • Options
    O'Reiley goes beyond "grilling" though. He's simply the foot soldier of the Neo Con army's war on anyone who dares as much as voice their disapproval of the Bush administration.

See how often do you catch him, or anyone else at Fox, devoting such virulent attacks to "one of their own".
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    O'Reiley goes beyond "grilling" though. He's simply the foot soldier of the Neo Con army's war on anyone who dares as much as voice their disapproval of the Bush administration. See how often do you catch him, or anyone else at Fox, devoting such virulent attacks to "one of their own".
    O'Reilly likes to give Left-wingers (well, anyone who doesn't hold exactly the same views as him) a good roasting every now and then. Though not the type of roasting that our footballers enjoy so much, I hesitate to add.