Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Muslims and the environment

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i think your being pedantic,its obvious what i mean. the asian community for example breed like rabbits.....

I wasn't aiming for pedantry tbh. I was trying to make you think about your statement- 'some races breeding like rabbits'. I think by writting this it shows that you are willing to place broad sweeping statements about a race, assuming that they have some 'fault' or socially unacceptable trait that is genetic. I wanted you to expand upon the statement to draw out from you a more thought out and less offensive statement. There is truth in the fact that ethnic birth rates are increasing in this country faster than white- and to state it is not offensive, why would it be? If that had obviously been your point, or had you expanded your point to equate to this, myself and others wouldn't have been so eager to jump on your back and call you a 'dick', 'racist'. In case there's any confusion here deano, I'm not sure if you're racist but I do think you're a dick. :)
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I wasn't aiming for pedantry tbh. I was trying to make you think about your statement- 'some races breeding like rabbits'. I think by writting this it shows that you are willing to place broad sweeping statements about a race, assuming that they have some 'fault' or socially unacceptable trait that is genetic. I wanted you to expand upon the statement to draw out from you a more thought out and less offensive statement. There is truth in the fact that ethnic birth rates are increasing in this country faster than white- and to state it is not offensive, why would it be? If that had obviously been your point, or had you expanded your point to equate to this, myself and others wouldn't have been so eager to jump on your back and call you a 'dick', 'racist'. In case there's any confusion here deano, I'm not sure if you're racist but I do think you're a dick. :)
    no need to be offensive..you see, you new what i meant all along.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    OK, I retract racist and I'll call you unthinking and ignorant. Is that better?
    yes,much better :)
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    no need to be offensive..you see, you new what i meant all along.

well if you're sure that I knew what you meant all along you are admitting that you think certain races have genetic 'fault' or socially unaceptable trait. With this new evidance I proclaim you not only a dick but a racist also. Happy?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    well if you're sure that I knew what you meant all along you are admitting that you think certain races have genetic 'fault' or socially unaceptable trait. With this new evidance I proclaim you not only a dick but a racist also. Happy?
    well having to resort to personal insults leads me to believe that it was allways your intention to make me out to be what you think i am. your racism obsessed nature will not allow you to see the wood for the trees.i think you will find that many people in england make blanket statements when refering to an ethnic minority,my point is no less valid imo.you refuse to admit that you were being pedantic,read the thread again! i knew how this argument would pan out,that is why i didnt want to be drawn on the matter.for the record,i do not believe that i am a racist,i will make my observations with all cultures and race as most people do,and wont be told i cannot voice my opinion!
  • Options
    If I was to say "the white community breed like rabbits" (leaving aside the offensiveness of likening people to animals renowned for their indiscriminate shagging and breeding), because of my observations, say, of Irish travellers (who tend to have a lot of kids) then it would be a bit ignorant of me thinking that all white people have the same culture, attitudes and habits of one particular grouping that I had observed. This is what I object to - you seem to think that all asian people are the same, based on your somewhat limited experience. I doubt you are consciously racist, I think its more a case that you have a very limited life experience and that you don't use your brain very much.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    it was allways your intention to make me out to be what you think i am.

No, no, it really wasn't. I wouldn't like to assume that someone was racist- that attitude would leave me paranoid and fearful, I actually like to assume the opposite- kind of a fingers in ears syndrome, but it keeps me happy see? I insulted you because (and I can't believe I'm doing this), you said:

"some races breed faster than others imo..."

I said:

" I was trying to make you think about your statement- 'some races breeding like rabbits'. I think by writting this it shows that you are willing to place broad sweeping statements about a race, assuming that they have some 'fault' or socially unacceptable trait that is genetic."

You said:

"you see, you new what i meant all along."

doesn't that make you racist?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    If I was to say "the white community breed like rabbits" (leaving aside the offensiveness of likening people to animals renowned for their indiscriminate shagging and breeding), because of my observations, say, of Irish travellers (who tend to have a lot of kids) then it would be a bit ignorant of me thinking that all white people have the same culture, attitudes and habits of one particular grouping that I had observed. This is what I object to - you seem to think that all asian people are the same, based on your somewhat limited experience. I doubt you are consciously racist, I think its more a case that you have a very limited life experience and that you don't use your brain very much.
    my coment was about asian cells in my my particular area,and i have been all over england working, and seen much the same picture.in the case of irish travellers i would completely agree if you were to say that...in the case of run down council estates mainly populated with white people i would agree again.there is a defined line between the two.tbh,the average white person would make the same sweeping generalisation when talking about the asian community.the fact that i was not specific does not mean my point isnt valid.of corse there are different asian communities in england,but give me an alternative way of describing asian communities in england?....i do use my brain! my job wouldnt get done if i couldnt!...can we please drop the insulting remarks.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    No, no, it really wasn't. I wouldn't like to assume that someone was racist- that attitude would leave me paranoid and fearful, I actually like to assume the opposite- kind of a fingers in ears syndrome, but it keeps me happy see? I insulted you because (and I can't believe I'm doing this), you said:

"some races breed faster than others imo..."

I said:

" I was trying to make you think about your statement- 'some races breeding like rabbits'. I think by writting this it shows that you are willing to place broad sweeping statements about a race, assuming that they have some 'fault' or socially unacceptable trait that is genetic."

You said:

"you see, you new what i meant all along."

doesn't that make you racist?
    that wasnt the entire post....i.m sick of having to defend myself,you were being pedantic! you know you were!
  • Options
    I wasn't and am not being pedanic, my focus may well be single but it's not an issue I consider trivial. You don't have to defend yourself, the only attack I've made is to call you a 'dick', brush it off or call me one back. The racist label wasn't an attack, it was a presentation of the facts as I see them.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    my coment was about asian cells in my my particular area,and i have been all over england working, and seen much the same picture.in the case of irish travellers i would completely agree if you were to say that...in the case of run down council estates mainly populated with white people i would agree again.there is a defined line between the two.tbh,the average white person would make the same sweeping generalisation when talking about the asian community.the fact that i was not specific does not mean my point isnt valid.of corse there are different asian communities in england,but give me an alternative way of describing asian communities in england?....i do use my brain! my job wouldnt get done if i couldnt!...can we please drop the insulting remarks.

What's an asian cell? What are you on about? :confused: You'd completely agree if I said that "the white community breed like rabbits"? Are you mental?