Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trailer parks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    There are plenty of permament Romany sites round here - put up by the council. They're not all thieves, I went to school with many of them and many of them hold down legitimate jobs.
    No, I wasn't saying that at all about people who live on permanant sites (see my post above). I was talking about gypsies as in the type who travel around. I wouldn't refer to people who live on caravan sites/ trailor sites as gypsies anyway if they live there permanently.
  • Options
    I tired to post before but it wouldn't let me :crying:

Anyhoo was just gonna say that Anglo-Romo Gypsies are nothing like trailer trash and they're certainly not all thieves (so agreed with all the people who said that).

I had Romany Gypsy relatives from way way back...so long ago that I didn't know any of them or anything and you'd never know by looking at me. I think Romany Gypsies are mystical and I'd be wary of turning one away from my door. I don't know that much about it but I'm pretty sure not all travellers are gypsies and vice versa and I would say that Chavs is an appropriate comparison to white-trash/trailer-trash than simply people who happen to live on a caravan site in the uk.

Well this is just my opinion as I can't say I actually know anyone that lives on a caravan site in England. :wave:
  • Options
    i'm confused about where your modern council estatechave comes into this conversation.
  • Options
    This is a female chav, what would you yanks call this?
    chav.jpg

Chav male
    AB%202.jpg
  • Options
    I was just saying that in my opinion white trash in america is the same as chav in the uk, maybe I'm wrong but its just my opinion.

I wouldn't say all chav's are from council estates either.

x
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    chav.jpg

Chav male
    AB%202.jpg
    he's an idiot millionaire ...what has he to do with trailer trash?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    chav.jpg

It might be just me but the girl looks like a man in drag :p
  • Options
    I only see a red x

I can see beans quote. Whats with the blonde wig halfway on the black hair?
  • Options
    she'd get it ;)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    chav.jpg

Chav male
    AB%202.jpg

Are Chavs' standards dropping or something?! Wheres the kappa?
  • Options
    he's an idiot millionaire ...what has he to do with trailer trash?
    the deffinition of chavs earlier, i was... Reinforcing it just incase they didn't understand ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Randomgirl wrote:
    No, I wasn't saying that at all about people who live on permanant sites (see my post above). I was talking about gypsies as in the type who travel around. I wouldn't refer to people who live on caravan sites/ trailor sites as gypsies anyway if they live there permanently.

Gypsies proper are a race, they're Romany, whether they live permenantly on a site or travel around.

Not all travellers are gypsies and not all gyspies are travellers. Most travellers and gyspies I know work very hard and are infact minted.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Gypsies proper are a race, they're Romany, whether they live permenantly on a site or travel around.

Not all travellers are gypsies and not all gyspies are travellers. Most travellers and gyspies I know work very hard and are infact minted.
    How do they work if they travel the whole time?

The only travellers ("gypsies") that we've had come to town have parked up illegally, stolen loads (I worked at Sainsbury's when one of the travelling communities descended on us and they stole thousands of pounds worth of food and they did the same in the local shops), caused loads of mess and then left. They don't stay in one place long enough to even let their kids go to school.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

The only travellers ("gypsies") that we've had come to town have parked up illegally, stolen loads (I worked at Sainsbury's when one of the travelling communities descended on us and they stole thousands of pounds worth of food and they did the same in the local shops), caused loads of mess and then left. They don't stay in one place long enough to even let their kids go to school.
    tinkers.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Trailer Park Boys tbh.

:D top show.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Randomgirl wrote:

As I said not all travellers are gypsies and not all gypsies are travellers i.e they do settle for long periods of time. Many have permament sites.

People's views of gypsies are warped.

There are other types of travellers. Can you tell the difference?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    As I said not all travellers are gypsies and not all gypsies are travellers i.e they do settle for long periods of time. Many have permament sites.

People's views of gypsies are warped.

There are other types of travellers. Can you tell the difference?

Agreed!

Just because some thieves happened to be travellers it doesn't mean that all travellers are thieves, plenty of people who don't travel are also thieves.
  • Options
    We don't have trailer trash over here - we have CHAVs (council house and voilent - hehe, no offence).

I live in a council house. I'm not a scally or violent, either.