Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do you make someone realise its over?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    Probably get mouthed back at for this aswell :lol:

Oh well chickie, shit happens. Just shake yourself off and carry on. ;)
  • Options
    well rpactice what you preach blah. If I have a chip on my shoulder then so do you. it seems since wont let it drop. I have nto made anything up about you or twisted anything. If you'd read any of my posts on the site you'd know I wouldn't do this.

It still seems like your complaining. If you truely have talk to him ect etc and we only have your word for that then its obviously not enough. Talk to him again, more then just saying its 100% over leav eme alone. Or you can cut him off like evreyone else says and feel safe in the knowledge that your in the clear.

May I please say there is a difference between subtext, tone and and writing style, even sarcasm and downright insults.

I may hav ebeen flippant in my reply but I didn't out and out insult anyone, which I though was not tolerated by mods, which it appeared to be when the poseters post was praised, even if it ws only for certain part of it (though that was empathised int he original mods post)

think what you will I am just pointing out facts.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well rpactice what you preach blah. If I have a chip on my shoulder then so do you. it seems since wont let it drop. I have nto made anything up about you or twisted anything. If you'd read any of my posts on the site you'd know I wouldn't do this.

It still seems like your complaining. If you truely have talk to him ect etc and we only have your word for that then its obviously not enough. Talk to him again, more then just saying its 100% over leav eme alone. Or you can cut him off like evreyone else says and feel safe in the knowledge that your in the clear.

May I please say there is a difference between subtext, tone and and writing style, even sarcasm and downright insults.

I may hav ebeen flippant in my reply but I didn't out and out insult anyone, which I though was not tolerated by mods, which it appeared to be when the poseters post was praised, even if it ws only for certain part of it (though that was empathised int he original mods post)

think what you will I am just pointing out facts.

im kind of lost now but basically i didnt like this
    Walkindude wrote:
    now your sick of him you ditch him but for own use you wanna be friends but get pissed off because he still loves you and wants to be with you???

jeez..

because you havent got the right to imply things that are not true, he split up with me for starters. And i dont want to be friends for my own use, he wants to be friends too! We've already discussed with eachother that we can stop talking altogether or that we can just be friends, and we both wanted the latter, joint decision.

I dont have a chip on my shoulder but i dont like it when people tell me that i dont think about other people
    Walkindude wrote:
    Have some consideration for his feelings.
    i clearly am thinking about his feelings, its the whole point of this thread!

I have been *so* persistant in telling him that we're not getting back together

As for letting it drop, i cant let something drop when someone gets the wrong impression because its annoying...just part of who i am.

Anyway, im not here to participate in arguments, im here looking for advice, and im sure we both have better things to do than argue about this. Just wanted to point out what pissed me off about what you said, and ive done that now
  • Options
    fine sure whatever.

so if you btoh want to be friends and talk then thats the issue? He asks you back. Just say no and keep saying it.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    fine sure whatever.

so if you btoh want to be friends and talk then thats the issue? He asks you back. Just say no and keep saying it.

Because thats barrells of fun and a healthy friendship??
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Im in a bit of a pickle :(

Im trying to remain friends with my ex, but he wont leave it like that. Keeps texting, calling, and if i dont reply he'll carry on texting.

Ive tried ignoring it til i want to reply but it doesnt work because i get tormented.

He asked to come and see me a couple of weeks ago, i stressed i didnt think it was a good idea but i said i am fine with it as long as he realises that we're never getting back together, so he told me he wouldnt beg but of course he did. Over and over again. He has since asked to visit me again and ive said no.

Ive never given anything but straight answers, ive always said that i want to be friends never and anything more but it doesnt seem to register in his head.

All he keeps saying is that he still loves me. Ive told him that i dont love him, that im not attracted to him any more and that i have no regrets about splitting up. Why does it come straight out of the other ear? Its getting really pathetic, the constant whinging and begging for me back. It may sound really insensitive but its taking its toll on me, my stress levels are huge enough as it is with uni worries and i just done need all this.

I really do want to stay friends because he was a big part of my life for nearly 3 years, but i cant do it if this carries on. Im finding it a struggle.

Should i cut off all contact? What else is there i can do to make him realise that we are *never* getting back together? He knows where i live so i cant stop him from turning up at my house or anything, i can stop responding to my phone but thats all i can do.

On the other hand, shall i give him an ultimatum, to stop all this or im not talking to him ever again?

Or if i keep repeating myself for long enough will the penny finally drop?

Tell him to fuck off and don't be friends with him. By trying to be his 'friend' when he's still whining about his love for you, you'd only even a bigger mockery of him (something he sounds perfectly capable of doing himself).