Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Usernames...how do you eat yours

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's my name, boring, but hey. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    at the time i was really into surfing... the curl of the wave and im a girl.. yada yada yada. wish i could change it though, seeing as how i havent surfed in over a year now :(

aww that sucks, I love to surf :thumb: although I also havn't been in way too long :(

oh yeh,
    mine's nicked from Blade Runner...
  • Options
    I was wearing knee high stripy socks on the day that I registered.
  • Options
    Mine's because I'm so jealous. Or something.
  • Options
    One of my favourite childhood movies is Willow, and there's a baby princess called Elora Danan. I didn't like the spelling so I changed it around a bit and now use it for everything I do online...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Maltesers are my weakness...i don't know whats with the monkay if I'm honest
  • Options
  • Options
    People used to call it me occasionally as a variation of my surname to take the piss. And it just kind of stuck. I use Doofeh a lot as well.
  • Options
    Because a good friend at work kept saying stuff like "you're just a big gay aren't you" and in the past I'd had one or two problems with people not being sure of my sex/sexuality from my on-line persona.
  • Options
    Used to use the alias supernoodle in online games, then used irc and it kinda evolved... supernoodle > noodle > noogle > noog over a period of about a year I suppose.
  • Options
    I was looking for an internet name and I always liked the name Sophia, then I remembered that sophia means wisdom... and my favourite colour is blue... there you have it.
  • Options
    Mine is from a saying in french, it sounds so sexy and mysterous comming off a french girls tounge that I just had to translate it and post it in every nook and cranny on the interweb.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    It's my name, boring, but hey. 'Nuff said.

I thought your name was Richie-Rich :chin:
  • Options
    well basically i couldn't think of a name and i was talking to a girl on msn whose nic is "almost innocent" and i wanted to be mz somthing so voila! mzinnocent
    lol
  • Options
    Katralla was a princess in an episode of Farscape... Don't know why I use it though, just do.
  • Options
    Can't remember. :p
  • Options
    mines a nickname from school
  • Options
    It was my old hotmail address, which I got because I'd just bought some pink hi-top Vans shoes. Purty..
  • Options
    well, let's see

i'm welsh, and my name is Jemma, but people call me Jemz

can anyone fit the pieces? :p
  • Options
  • Options
    I think mine was a name my brother originally used when signing up for a website years ago.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    at the time i was really into surfing... the curl of the wave and im a girl.. yada yada yada. wish i could change it though, seeing as how i havent surfed in over a year now :(
    Maybe you can change it, if you PM a mod.

As for me: When I first got access to the internet I was 14 and addicted to Tolkien. I tried to use "Gandalf" for my email address, but it was (naturally) taken so I thought that instead of adding numbers at the end (like many people do with their addresses) I'd find something unique. I tried to think of a name that could have been a Vala's name and Zalbor was the best I could come up with. I ended up using it nearly everywhere.
  • Options
    dunno, was just what a few people called me! it's my faceparty name too, but dunno which came first. i guess it kinda comes from my name being lucy and i guess people think i'm a devil. :p
  • Options
    dunno, was just what a few people called me! it's my faceparty name too, but dunno which came first. i guess it kinda comes from my name being lucy and i guess people think i'm a devil. :p
    A devil. I never thought about it that way before... :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    A devil. I never thought about it that way before... :p

lucifer devil? how else could you think of it??
  • Options
    Mines simple, its my name :D
  • Options
    The freeallangels comes from the ash album of the same name, as I started to use web boards etc at about the same time it came out, and the 19 came because freeallangels was already used, and its supposed to be a lucky number for me. It gets used everywhere online inc. ebay!
  • Options
    Ok - is 1983 from the incubus song?

Was that ok, Dr Pirate?
  • Options
    I thought 1983 was a take on George Orwell's 1984? Maybe just me.....

Mine is not my real name. I used T'alia Luarn as a name in a short story I wrote once about a woman from a lost civilisation who could create worlds.... but anyway I just thought it was quite sweet.
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    I thought 1983 was a take on George Orwell's 1984? Maybe just me.....

Mine is not my real name. I used T'alia Luarn as a name in a short story I wrote once about a woman from a lost civilisation who could create worlds.... but anyway I just thought it was quite sweet.

Ooooooh... mistical.