Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What Muslims think

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Christianity.
    When was the last time it was a force for what the book said?
    i have heard it reffered to as christendom ...much better cos it then seperates it from christianity.
    when ...never.
    the first pope set out to destroy christianity and sucseeded.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    the first pope set out to destroy christianity and sucseeded.

The amount of True Christian blood the Catholic Church has shed is shocking. And then, they go and put a Nazi in! Ah, the world seem to get in a worse and worse mess every few seconds.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Some interesting things from Blagsta's source:

Across the board a greater proportion of 18-24 year olds are prepared to justify suicide bombings than the overall sample.
    Greater proportions of 18-24 year olds are also likely to regard all the above targets [civilians, police etc] as legitimate [targets].
    Younger Muslims are also more likely than those in general to agree with Abu Hamza

Hm.

And as MR asks, how many are likely to be honest? Can we justifiably say that more would agree with suicide bombings if it wasn't a social taboo to do so?

and how many are saying it out of bravado? young men say the silliest things sometimes to try and appear hard or to shock
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I never had you down as the sort of gullible person that believes opinion polls disillusioned
    I'm sure the poll would have been different if it were in the Guardian or Independent.
  • Options
    I'm sure the poll would have been different if it were in the Guardian or Independent.

Eh? Look at who it was commissioned the poll, look at the questions asked...nowt to do with newspapers as far as I can tell.