Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Council tax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I moved into my flat last September. As yet I haven't received a council tax bill. (I also haven't had an electricity bill or a water bill) At the moment I'm living down to my last penny each month as I'm not on a very good salary and living alone works out quite expensive.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma now, if I contact the council myself and let them know my situation will they expect me to pay the full amount from September till now? I don't want to just leave it until they send me a huge bill. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The council tax people are fairly useless generally in my opinion. They still haven't sent our revised bill that was supposed to have been produced in Jan. :|
  • Options
    it is up to you to inform the council you are there, as gwst already said. your account will be in debit of how much you now owe them so the sooner you speak to them the sooner they can arrange a payment plan, it took them 2 months to get back to us after i called them when we moved here last year and that has made our monthly payment higher for the rest of the year (they go by the financial year which starts in april). if i were you, id get it sorted asap. good luck.