Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slim Quick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, does anyone have any advice on a way to lose some pounds quickly, from drugs to anything else? I hear Meth does it, but is there anything else that is cheaper and will do the same and won't make you end up in rehab? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Taking illegal unprescribed drugs to lose weight is really a stupid thing to do.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Taking illegal unprescribed drugs to lose weight is really a stupid thing to do.
    yes. :yes:
    I cant understand why would anybody want to do that?
    Drugs are to be enjoyed not to lose weight!
  • Options
    Some say exercise is like a drug....so get off your arse you lazy git ;)
  • Options
    stop shoving the pies in would be a good start ...and then actualy doing something physical ...often.
  • Options
    Taking what you suggested reduces appetite and increases heart rate. However, it is a very dangerous drug to take and there is many side effects. If you want to lose weight, eat less and exercise more. Its how everyone else does it.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Taking what you suggested reduces appetite and increases heart rate. However, it is a very dangerous drug to take and there is many side effects. If you want to lose weight, eat less and exercise more. Its how everyone else does it.

well i wouldn't suggest eating 'less' would be the right way to put it.

more eating a healthy and balanced diet.
  • Options
    It depends though doesn't it? If this person is eating a very large amount, the only way to lose weight is to cut the amount they are eating. You are right though, eating a more healthy balanced diet is better than cutting calories.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    It depends though doesn't it? If this person is eating a very large amount, the only way to lose weight is to cut the amount they are eating. You are right though, eating a more healthy balanced diet is better than cutting calories.

yeh i guess but if you suddenly start eating less and exercising more...
  • Options
    Plus if you just eat less, you have to continue eating that amount to keep the weight off. As soon as you eat more it'll come back.
  • Options
    Actually to all of you with the food..."pies in your face" and "get off your lazy ass" comments, I don't eat much at all and that could be the problem. I eat like one meal a day, not on purpose but that's just what I end up doing and I do work out at the gym, everyday except for the weekends.
  • Options
    So it sounds to me like if you do try and eat normal meals, maybe that's the only thing you can do. Apart from that you may just be at your natural healthy weight.
  • Options
    Amphetamines would be your best bet if you wanted to lose weight by taking drugs but you're running the risk of creating more health problems than you are solving.

Just go for the old fashioned way of plenty of excercise and healthy eating.
  • Options
    shee972 wrote:
    Actually to all of you with the food..."pies in your face" and "get off your lazy ass" comments, I don't eat much at all and that could be the problem. I eat like one meal a day, not on purpose but that's just what I end up doing and I do work out at the gym, everyday except for the weekends.

you shouldn't really be working out at the gym and only eating 1 meal a day! i mean i'm no dietician/fitness expert but it's common sense, surely.
  • Options
    shee972 wrote:
    are you male or female? and how much do you weigh, and how much do you want to lose?
  • Options
    shee972 wrote:

If you are only eating one meal a day then your metabolism is going to be really really slow hence why you can't lose any weight.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Amphetamines would be your best bet if you wanted to lose weight by taking drugs but you're running the risk of creating more health problems than you are solving.

Yeah, amphetamines will do it all right. But if someone decides to use this method, they should force themselves to eat small, healthy meals and get excercise as well. Entirely skipping meals makes your body think you are starving and begins storing fat, thus equaling more more exercise for the same results. better to eat until satisfied (at the very least) and then just burn it off afterwards than skip a meal and gain fat...

...on a random note, my friends used to jokingly call me a coke addict (I wasn't, fyi) because I'm so thin. Healthy eating and 40 minutes of exercise/workout a day is all it takes, realistically...

...Yoplait Strawberry-Banana Bliss Whipped yogurt is fat free, Calcuim-rich, low-cal, and is so good it nearly gives me an orgasm. Plus it keeps me thin.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    turlough wrote:
    Amphetamines would be your best bet if you wanted to lose weight

Not the kind of advice that's welcome on TheSite boards, thanks.
    turlough wrote:
    by taking drugs but you're running the risk of creating more health problems than you are solving.

- better ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kimono wrote:

But it's the truth.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    most stimulants have that effect
  • Options
    Yeah but some people eat for other reasons than hunger. I've known a podgy speed freak, and a skeletal one too though.
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:

- better ;)

We can all talk about drugs we like and how cool it is to be high, but to say a certain drug makes you lose weight isn't welcome? :confused:
  • Options
    I made a thread like this one a while back. Here .

It does work, but it's obviously not advisable. Many models (such as Kate Moss) use cocaine in their obsession to look thin as it supresses your appetite somewhat.
  • Options
    I've known quite a few heavy speed users and yes they are quite slim but they are also nervous as hell, wierd and quite unhealthy.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    shee972 wrote:
    We can all talk about drugs we like and how cool it is to be high, but to say a certain drug makes you lose weight isn't welcome? :confused:

The premise this board operates on is one of harm minimisation, which is widely held to be the most beneficial way of reducing harm caused by the myth and misinformation around substances which is widely reported by the media etc.

TheSite recognises (as do most health professionals) that people will take drugs and alcohol no matter how you try to stop them. Therefore, the best way to minimise the harm that people do to themselves is to educate them in the safe usage of substances, with an emphasis on encouraging people to think about what they are doing to themselves.

Basically this is a place where you can come to get information that allows you to make decisions based on correct information - to make an informed choice.

I think any post that would imply that a weight loss could be aided by taking amphetamines, without providing any context, falls outside that remit, don't you?
  • Options
    speeds the ticket

but obviously not ideal
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've known quite a few heavy speed users and yes they are quite slim but they are also nervous as hell, wierd and quite unhealthy[b/].

Guess I'm a rare exception. :lol:
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    The premise this board operates on is one of harm minimisation, which is widely held to be the most beneficial way of reducing harm caused by the myth and misinformation around substances which is widely reported by the media etc.

TheSite recognises (as do most health professionals) that people will take drugs and alcohol no matter how you try to stop them. Therefore, the best way to minimise the harm that people do to themselves is to educate them in the safe usage of substances, with an emphasis on encouraging people to think about what they are doing to themselves.

Basically this is a place where you can come to get information that allows you to make decisions based on correct information - to make an informed choice.

I think any post that would imply that a weight loss could be aided by taking amphetamines, without providing any context, falls outside that remit, don't you?

That's true. :thumb: You guys don't get me wrong...I wouldn't just use drugs and never eat...that's just crazy! It would just help me to eat less and stop the fattening cravings. I drink lots of fluids too and take a multi-vitimin in the mornings. It's definently not a long term thing I would do...I just want to lose ten to fifteen pounds. I have use it so far and I lost quite a bit of inches. I do work out; however, weights builds mucsle rather than cut inches. :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It isn't a long term solution, as you aren't changing your eating habits or discovering your triggers for craving unhealthy food; it has serious health implications both short and long term, and you aren't taking into consideration the side effects. Perhaps you could talk to a trainer and find a variation on your workout that will help? Or speak to a dietician? Seriously, if you want to be healthy there is no point.