Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Meety kinda thread....ish

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:
    There's plenty of people I'd like to meet, but I won't say any names. And I can't say there's anyone I'd avoid meeting.
    Avoid meeting? I'm amazed no one's done a thread about that yet.

Personally, I'd like to meet nicebutdim23, Stacey, Lea_UK, Bunny_0 and a few others. I'd also be fine with meeting some of you again.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Avoid meeting? I'm amazed no one's done a thread about that yet.

That's just asking for trouble.

Even I'm not argumentative enough to say who I'd loathe to meet.
    Personally, I'd like to meet nicebutdim23, Stacey, Lea_UK, Bunny_0 and a few others. I'd also be fine with meeting some of you again.

You should come to Newcastle you know.

It'd be a good laugh. I'm a pussycat in real life.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You should come to Newcastle you know. It'd be a good laugh. I'm a pussycat in real life.
    Someone would probably have organised for me to be beaten up if I went to a meet in Newcastle.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Someone would probably have organised for me to be beaten up if I went to a meet in Newcastle.

You overestimate your own importance.

You'd only get twatted if you went up to someone in red and white and called them a Geordie.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You overestimate your own importance. You'd only get twatted if you went up to someone in red and white and called them a Geordie.
    No, I'm just bearing in mind the fact you (and quite a few of TheSite users in the north of England and Scotland) can't stand the mere sight of me. I don't think I'd go to a meet only to discover half of them would prefer I wasn't there.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

Don't be so bloody stupid.
  • Options
    Don't be so bloody stupid.
    I was told after I went to my first London meet that one member there wanted to beat me up. I've still no idea if it's true. I know there's a fair few people on the site up in the north of the UK who wouldn't mind the chance.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    No, I'm just bearing in mind the fact you can't stand the mere sight of me.

Where do you get that idea from?

When you're being a dick I'll say you're being a dick. I'd expect other people to tell me when I'm being a dick.

It doesn't mean I hate you. You'll admit yourself you've sometimes been a dick on here- I know I fucking have.

But I don't give advice to people I can't abide. It's not always right, and it's not always what you agree with, but it's what I think should happen. I'm sometimes wrong. It's not sugar coated either. But it's what I think.

Life would be a lot simpler if everyone was as honest as I try to be.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I was told after I went to my first London meet that one member there wanted to beat me up. I've still no idea if it's true. I know there's a fair few people on the site up in the north of the UK who wouldn't mind the chance.
    Fucking hell, that old rumour about me wanting to beat you up STILL going round?

Give me a break, I'm not a fucking moron. Why would I want to twat you one for no reason? You can be a cock sometimes but I'm not exactly gonna deck you one.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

Mmm.

I have repeatedly told my housemate I'll murder him if he leaves plates all over the worksurface. It doens't really mean owt (he hopes).

Who in the north would beat you up? I wouldn't (I'm really a southerner, but no matter).
    I'm sure TheSite Northener (Kermit) wouldn't either. And nor would anybody else.
    Londoners are violent and not to be trusted.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Where do you get that idea from? When you're being a dick I'll say you're being a dick. I'd expect other people to tell me when I'm being a dick. It doesn't mean I hate you. But I don't give advice to people I can't abide.
    Oh, thanks.
    JsT wrote:
    Fucking hell, that old rumour about me wanting to beat you up STILL going round?
    No, I worked out that rumour was rubbish a long time ago.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Oh, thanks.

Well what more do you want?

There isn't anyone on these boards I haven't called a cunt at least once. You're not owt special when I call you one.

Am I sometimes a cunt? Of course I am. No human is always right.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Well what more do you want?

There isn't anyone on these boards I haven't called a cunt at least once. You're not owt special when I call you one.

Am I sometimes a cunt? Of course I am. No human is always right.

i havent been called a cunt.

i feel so left out :(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote:
    i havent been called a cunt.

i feel so left out :(

cunt

:p
  • Options
    cunt

:p

oh :(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote:
    oh :(

aw sorry hun only messing :D
  • Options
    Oy SG, dont you start aving a go at us northerners or else I will twat ya :mad:

To be honest SG, you really need to grow up, most of the peeps here are sensible and pretty mature, I really dont think they are gonna waste their time twatting you then getting hoofed out of the pub......do you ?

so SG, you gonna try to make it ?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    so SG, you gonna try to make it ?
    I wasn't having a go at Northeners. Far from it - I think they're much kinder and polite than southeners. Answering this question, there's absolutely no chance I'm going up to Newcastle for a meet.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I wasn't having a go at Northeners. Far from it - I think they're much kinder and polite than southeners. Answering this question, there's absolutely no chance I'm going up to Newcastle for a meet.

then how come you didnt seem to have a problem going to a london meet with the southerners, and its only the newcastle meet where you have oopenly said you were scared of having theh crap beaten out of you
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    then how come you didnt seem to have a problem going to a london meet with the southerners, and its only the newcastle meet where you have oopenly said you were scared of having theh crap beaten out of you

Coz us southeners are nicer than you :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Coz us southeners are nicer than you :p
    i am both...because i am special and therefore can fit in everywhere! :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    how come you didnt seem to have a problem going to a london meet with the southerners, and its only the newcastle meet where you have openly said you were scared of having theh crap beaten out of you
    I don't quite agree with that. London may well be in the South-East, but there's a fair few northeners who've attended them before. In London, were things to get nasty, I could easily leave and take the tube elsewhere. I've never been to Newcastle before, and have no idea what it's like. I've also got to think about current circumstances. As things stand, I don't have the money to go to Newcastle.

And what I meant with northeners being kinder was, from experience, they're more likely to talk to you. I quite like people from the Yorkshire area, for example. Down in the big smoke, nobody talks to one another and the atmosphere is very different. That said, I concede I'm probably more likely to be shot than beaten up in London, if gun crime is as bad there as they say.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    In London, were things to get nasty, I could easily leave and take the tube elsewhere. .

What the heck? Leaving aside for the time being the fact that noone on here could realistically be entertaining the notion of beating you up, have you considered that you could just as easily up and leave any other place than you could somewhere in London? Granted you'd have further to go, but if you can escape said life-threatening situation in the big city you can do it in the badlands of the wild north just as simply.

Anyway to distract from the wild ramblings of SG for a short while and meander back on to the topic, I suppose there's a few people that I wouldn't mind meeting. Tweety, BritJames, My_name, Kaffrin and 1983 spring to mind as a few characters, and it'd probably be an interesting experiment to meet people like Kermit and GWST to see if we have as much of a personailty clash IRL as on here. Possibly a few other folk too.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I think they're much kinder and polite than southeners.

If you're basing that on only having been to London, then you're a moron.
  • Options
    If you're basing that on only having been to London, then you're a moron.
    Of course I'm not comparing the north to London. The two are simply worlds apart, comparisons would be too difficult to make.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Of course I'm not comparing the north to London. The two are simply worlds apart, comparisons would be too difficult to make.

No. I'm saying that there is a lot of the south outside of bloody London.
    Basing your view of southerners on only having been to fucking London is blinkered and stupid. I'm not sure I'd expect much different, but there you go.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'd expect much different, but there you go.
    Have you changed your name recently, or am I mistaken in thinking you used to have a different name?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Have you changed your name recently, or am I mistaken in thinking you used to have a different name?

Yes I have.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Yes I have.
    who were you before?
  • Options
    Yes I have.
    Not Bad Seed, was it?