Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddam's WMD Moved to Syria, An Israeli Says

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who believes this Zionsit liar :confused:

WMD only last for 18 months and then they are out-of-date and you have to make new batch etc

He is trying to get USA to take out their enemies so Israel does not lose their own lives in conflict with Syria.

I suspect that Mossad will bomb some Americn target abd blame Syria/Iran, and yes they have done it before (google search USS liberty).
Saddam Hussein moved his chemical weapons to Syria six weeks before the war started, Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom says.

The assertion comes as President Bush said yesterday that much of the intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction was incorrect.

The Israeli officer, Lieutenant General Moshe Yaalon, asserted that Saddam spirited his chemical weapons out of the country on the eve of the war. "He transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria," General Yaalon told The New York Sun over dinner in New York on Tuesday night. "No one went to Syria to find it."

From July 2002 to June 2005, when he retired, General Yaalon was chief of staff of the Israel Defense Force, the top job in the Israeli military, analogous to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the American military. He is now a military fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He made similar, but more speculative, remarks in April 2004 that attracted little notice in America; at that time he was quoted as saying of the Iraqi weapons, "Perhaps they transferred them to another country, such as Syria."

http://www.nysun.com/article/24480

Comments

• Options
    Since when was 'Zionist' an insult (or is it? lol)?
  • Options
    Someone who has noted bigot and anti-semite Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as their avatar probably reckons it is a top insult!
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:

WMD only last for 18 months and then they are out-of-date and you have to make new batch etc

He is trying to get USA to take out their enemies so Israel does not lose their own lives in conflict with Syria.

I suspect that Mossad will bomb some Americn target abd blame Syria/Iran, and yes they have done it before (google search USS liberty).

By the way - did you find those recent cartoons in the papers funny? I did ... :lol: Mohammed with a bomb in his turban! Hilarious!

:eek2:
  • Options
    Meh, syria, iran, iraq, meh, they will all be Western colonies soon enough anyway!
  • Options
    since when do wmd's last only for 18months?
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:

it is absolute bollox.
    six weeks before the invasion ...and for a long time before that ...satelites and spy planes and listenimg etc devices would have picked up anything on the move.
    especialy heading out of iraq.
    second time i've agreed with you dave.
    except the 18 months bit ...bio maybe.
  • Options
    it is absolute bollox.
    six weeks before the invasion ...and for a long time before that ...satelites and spy planes and listenimg etc devices would have picked up anything on the move.
    especialy heading out of iraq.

I wouldn’t openly admit to agreeing with a fanatical anti-Semite even if it is on something not directly connected with that. If dave777 had promoted a vicious white pride site on these forums instead of an anti-Semitic equivalent organisation would you admit to agreeing with him on anything?

Anyway, MR as you well know our intelligence has been flawed; British and US intelligence on Iraq has been shown to be inaccurate. Hence I don’t think there’s any guarantee that we would have been aware if Iraq had moved WMDs to Syria; our intelligence services really aren’t as good as people think they are. And this Israeli claim which is probably based on Mossad intelligence could be quite credible; when it comes to something that quite clearly directly affects Israeli security Mossad will be better informed than their British counterparts and so I wouldn’t swiftly dismiss this.

Regardless, dave777 shows again how absolutely thick he is displaying his lack of intelligence and appearing as nothing more than a brainwashed Islamist extremist. For a start he can’t even spell Zionist. And that he is dismissing a valid possibility simply because of the nationality of his source is if not anti-Semitic in the case of dave777 quite definitely xenophobic – as well as being ridiculous.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t openly admit to agreeing with a fanatical anti-Semite even if it is on something not directly connected with that. If dave777 had promoted a vicious white pride site on these forums instead of an anti-Semitic equivalent organisation would you admit to agreeing with him on anything?

So if Dave comes on and says that 2+2=4 people are supposed to automatically disagree with him becaue you don't like hi other views?

What a load of bollocks.

Btw, there isn't now, nor will there ever be an Israel. It's fictional, and as you are willing to shoot people over it, you are just as dangerous in my eyes as any other schizophrenic who sees things that aren't really there and who will use guns to make people act like a delusion is truth.
  • Options
    has been flawed

That should read purposely and politically cherry picked to endorse a pre planned ideological agenda. There was no mistake only criminally dishonest and militant intent to conduct an illegal war of aggression.

No different in principle from the war of aggression for which the Nuremberg Principles themselves were drafted. Not, of course, that an administration which has declared international law "irrelevant" and "quaint" as concerns its own accountability thereto nor those who make continued apology for them should comprehend such consistent application of principle.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:

Tesco Value WMD's.

I DONT CARE WHERE THEY ARE. Iraq had shit WMD Scuds that were poorley maintained and tended to fall apart. Woo.
  • Options
    I am not picking sides here in terms of over all arguments on WMD's or intelligence...

I would like to say...Israel does exist, you cannot deny that Klintok and saying it doesnt when it clearly does i just pointless to any real discussion, Israel is as real as England is.

Second, the point Dissillusioned made about disagreeing with some one who posts anti-semetic material (if it really is anti-semetic) when they are posting on the subject of Israel or Israeli actions is bound to be biased in the negative of Israel and not a fair neutral statement. It is not a fair comparison to take up the old "2+2=4" argument with them that you should disagree with everything some one says, when Disillusioned wasnt doing that, he was making a specific case and point that had relevence!

and me and Dissillusioned dont agree on stuff...
  • Options
    it is absolute bollox.

Yes I know it was some Jew trying to stitch up Syria and give them bad name as they are next in line. BTW Syria did great job peacekeeping in Lebanon and stopped the civil war and brought stability to that region :wave:
    MrG wrote:

I will answer both at same time :D
    Cook continues, "There was no hard intelligence of a current weapons program that would represent a new and compelling threat to our interests. Nor did the dossier at any stage admit the basic scientific fact that biological and chemical agents have a finite shelf life --a principle understood by every pharmacist. Go to your medicine chest and check out the existence of an expiration date on nearly everything you possess. Nerve agents of good quality have a shelf life of about five years and anthrax in liquid solution of about three years. Hussein's stocks were not of good quality. The Pentagon itself concluded that Iraqi chemical munitions were of such poor standard that they were usable for only a few weeks.

http://www.hermes-press.com/wmd_gate.htm

Do some research for yourself :banghead:

Chemicals go out of date-just look in your medicine cabinet (sell by dates)
  • Options
    I was wondering when something like this was going to be mentioned.
  • Options
    dave777 wrote:
    Chemicals go out of date-just look in your medicine cabinet (sell by dates)

They're still disposing of mustard gas shells from WW1

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/04/15/Vimy.munitions/?related
    A 50 year old metal casing with a filling of Mustard Gas requires to be isolated, shrouded to prevent leakage and monitored whilst it is transported to DERA's special national disposal site.

from
    http://www.wdghunt.demon.co.uk/family/uxozone.htm

So the people responsible for disposing of them, seem to think they're still hazardous and I suspect they should know. To compare poison gas with paracetomol is a bit stupid, to be honest.
  • Options
    I would like to say...Israel does exist, you cannot deny that Klintok and saying it doesnt when it clearly does i just pointless to any real discussion, Israel is as real as England is.

Yes, quite right. England is also entirely fictional. It doesn't exist. It never has and it never will. It's as real as the boundaries of a football pitch.

i.e. not real at all, but just a pretend game that lets you do stuff. In the case of football, it lets you have a fun game and a bit of a day out. In the case of countries it;s a good excuse to rob people and shoot them etc.

Problem is, most folks think it's real. :nervous:
    Second, the point Dissillusioned made about disagreeing with some one who posts anti-semetic material (if it really is anti-semetic) when they are posting on the subject of Israel or Israeli actions is bound to be biased in the negative of Israel and not a fair neutral statement.

No, Dis said that MR shouldn't agree with anything Dave said. Wich is obviously shite.
    I wouldn’t openly admit to agreeing with a fanatical anti-Semite even if it is on something not directly connected with that.
  • Options
    They didnt agree with him though...

Also, a football pitch IS real! you can see them and walk on them. The game is a game, the pitch is a tangible thing you can see, touch, walk on. Just like England or Israel...hence real!
  • Options
    Also, a football pitch IS real! you can see them and walk on them

The white lines are there, what they mean is up to whoever looks at them. This is the great advantage of the "country" belief. People fill in the blanks themselves, and once they have done that it's very difficult to shift.

Only if you have learned that it's a football pitch, how you are supposed to behave "in" one. If you don't give two fucks about football or don't know the rules, it's just a lot of white lines and men in shorts.

The men in shorts think it's a great crime to cross those lines and wander about the pitch. In the case of countries, unlike football, people think it's not just a game, and will pick up a gun to make you play.
    The game is a game, the pitch is a tangible thing you can see, touch, walk on.

It's just grass and white lines. It doesn't have to mean anything unless you want it to. The rules of football are arbitary and made up by men. There's no special power that men possess that disables the use of hands in a given area, for example. Ask Marradonna. Equally, other laws prevent nothing.

Same with countries, the whole thing is made up and is only an idea. If you want to have that idea, then fine. At what point are you justified in picking up a weapon in an attempt to force me to join you?

Never, that's when.

You seem to think that Israel or England is the ground that they are said to inhabit. If that was the case, did the ground get magically conjured up from nothing when those countries were first thought of? Did the geography you think of as "England" not really exist in 1706?
  • Options
    You do realise you have to learn everything...its only you who refuses to accept what is established in the world.
  • Options
    You do realise you have to learn everything...its only you who refuses to accept what is established in the world.

No, you don't. Learn what is useful, fuck off what is not. Is it useful for me to believe that I am surrounded by invisible, imaginary boundaries? Not really. It's kind of irrelevent.

Is it useful for me to believe that I have some imaginary bond with other people I have never met just because I am with in those imaginary boundaries? Not usually. It's kind of irrelevent.

Is it useful for me to believe that my mere presence within imaginary boundaries means I must work to pay people I have never met or agreed anything with through theftation? Don't think so.......

Is it useful for me to think that just because I am within imaginary boundaries I must obey words and opinions that have been written down by yet more people who i have never met or agreed anything with? Again, not really. Why would I obey these strangers? Oh yeah, they'll physically attack me if I don't.

No it's not just me either.

No, it's not a case of refusing to accept what is there, it's me pointing out that it isn't there in the first place.

Saying that I am "refusing to accept" something assumes that it exists. It doesn't, so the active participant in this must be whoever wants me to pretend that it is.

If you cannot see the implications for having an entire legal and political system built on marsh gas.................
  • Options
    ugh!! another boring same old "america bad, isreal bad middle east good" zionst crap assed argument.

oh and it is possible that things couldl have been shifted.

Once again americas piss poor management meant the borders were unguraded and un watched a fair bit.

they only discovered smuggling of ewquipment on the syiran border half way through the war!!
  • Options
    Who is saying 'America bad, Israel bad, Middle East good'? :confused:

Incidentally, not even the US government now questions that there were absolutely no WMDs in Iraq, that there had not been for quite some time or that Saddam wasn't a threat to an old people's home, let alone another country.

Time to drop it all off. The war as illegal as hell. End of.
  • Options
    oh for gods sake if someone else says it was an illegal war then I wi'll launch some weapons of my own!!!

IT WAS NOT AN ILLEGAL WAR!! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LEGALITY AND ILLEGALITY OF WAR???? WHAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL? SHOW IT! DON'T JUST SAY IT.

Peple who go on abotu zionst argument generaly are all usa bad, middle east good (apart from isreal of course)

I could go into the arguments of why the not accepting WMD's existed and the flaws of the argument but no 1 would understand it.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    oh for gods sake if someone else says it was an illegal war then I wi'll launch some weapons of my own!!!

IT WAS NOT AN ILLEGAL WAR!! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LEGALITY AND ILLEGALITY OF WAR???? WHAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL? SHOW IT! DON'T JUST SAY IT.

Peple who go on abotu zionst argument generaly are all usa bad, middle east good (apart from isreal of course)

I could go into the arguments of why the not accepting WMD's existed and the flaws of the argument but no 1 would understand it.

Well actually...they did break the UN's Conventions rules by going to war so legally, it was an illegal war.

Also, no one is saying the US is all bad and the Middle East is good. You need your head checked mate.
  • Options
    Actually there IS NOT INTERNATIONAL LAW! Hence the war WAS NOT ILLEGAL!

The Un Convetnions rules? Pah! They dont hold and are as flexible as an elastic band. Plus with past resolution spassed, they even had the authorisation without a new resolution.

The only thing they could be pulled on is a crime of aggression, but since the actualy defination and its implimentation won't even be decided upon for 7 years, you can't even get them for that.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Actually there IS NOT INTERNATIONAL LAW! Hence the war WAS NOT ILLEGAL!

The Un Convetnions rules? Pah! They dont hold and are as flexible as an elastic band. Plus with past resolution spassed, they even had the authorisation without a new resolution.

The only thing they could be pulled on is a crime of aggression, but since the actualy defination and its implimentation won't even be decided upon for 7 years, you can't even get them for that.

Are you trying to say there's no such thing as international law?
  • Options
    International Law is a maluable thing, if you really look at it. It is one loophole after another.

Also, the UN resolutions that America and the UK failed to get, did not make the war illegal. They did infact already have a hand full of older Resolutions that had never been acted upon. Just because they were older didnt mean they couldnt be used so technically it can be said the war was legal.

As for Klintock...are you saying you do not pay Taxes at all? You do not obey any laws? Are you saying you would murder with out trepidation? Commit acts of incestuous carnalogy? Nay...even take fruits and vegetables through customs on a trip to Australia??? Are you saying that...because if nothing is real or any of these boundaries or laws exist, what is stopping you? It is only the law that stops me killing everyone who looks at me funny.
  • Options
    As for Klintock...are you saying you do not pay Taxes at all?

I pay as little as possible.
    You do not obey any laws?

Gravity and so forth seem pretty unbeatable.
    Are you saying you would murder with out trepidation?

Why the hell would I go and do that for?
    Are you saying that...because if nothing is real or any of these boundaries or laws exist, what is stopping you?

The thing that stops you, quite obviously, is the large selection of armed and unarmed men and women who wish to enforce their will upon you. Thing is, unlike you, who carries the law around internally, when those people aren't with me, I have no law. If theres no police about, then that red light is second to my own judgement.

A better question for you to ask yourself is why do you equate a totally pragmatic approach to the law as meaning I will automatically become some kind of degenerate monster?

You, or people with the same beliefs as yourself will do a thing you know to be wrong because it's legal and you are told to, whereas I won't if I can possibly avoid it.
    It is only the law that stops me killing everyone who looks at me funny.

Then you have a serious problem. Seek help. :yes:
  • Options
    I need no help, it is human nature to assert ones self over another in an effort to establish dominance or superiority, its a throw back to animal instinct.

By laws i didnt mean laws of physics, i meant laws of man, criminal law.
  • Options
    I need no help, it is human nature to assert ones self over another in an effort to establish dominance or superiority, its a throw back to animal instinct.
    By laws i didnt mean laws of physics, i meant laws of man, criminal law.

Think about what those two statements mean together and come back to me. ;)
  • Options
    Whats your point? It is self explanitory! i am evolved enough to obey the laws of man and live in a civilised society.