Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting tested

Me and my mate are going to go to the clinic to get tested. Its been a long time since i had my last test so I dont really remember what happened. So I kinda want to know what is going to happen to us.

Also my mate still has her hyman and doesnt want it broken. Would they take blood instead of the internal exam or would they use a really small clampy thing (the thing that looks like a beak)

My mate has never had sex only oral, but it wasnt with a condom and she swollowed. But she found out last ngiht that he's a player and has loads of girls on the go.

Thanks in advance:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why would she not want her hymen broken? what difference would it make?
  • Options
    She's saving it till marrige. It makes a difference to her, becuase she dont want her husband thinking that she's had sex and having her hyman intact is a way of proving it.
  • Options
    You do know that her hymen could already be broken...
    Any kind of physical activity could have caused it!!
  • Options
    ^^ and also, how would her future husband tell? (unless hes a trained gyno)
  • Options
    I'm sure its gone if shes worn a tampon, heavy bleeding can even break it, after all, it is only a very thin membrane.

Though this is all off toipc.

ETA after the following comment... how do you even know its there, its not exactly the most visible thing. Its not like a window cutian :\
  • Options
    Its not broken, she's checked. Anyways this thread isnt about weather or not it matters if its there. Its about getting tested and what happens.

She gave a blow job and swollowed. He could have a sti and given it to her, so she wants to get tested. If your not going to be helpful and answer the questions orginally stated please dont reply.
  • Options
    She's never used a tampon, and he'll be able to tell cos she'll bleed when she first has sex. Her bf tried to put a finger in there and couldnt so its still there.
  • Options
    If ms innocent has never fucked then they wouldn't need to test down there, a throat culture and a blood test and maybe piss in a damn cup, but not too hard as the pressure in such close proximity may cause it to break and god forbid that happen.

and fyi, not everybody bleeds when their hymen is broken. Thats a myth.
  • Options
    Here ya go, it's one I remember giving an embaressing account in.
    ages ago
  • Options
    Thank you, I didnt know that hence why I asked, but theres no need to be rude about it, I was asking a serious question. Its her choice if she wants it so why should it bother you so much to get your knickers in a twist.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    If ms innocent has never fucked then they wouldn't need to test down there.[/SIZE]

nice. :yeees:
    Anyway, you can catch STD's from giving head. Don't judge somebody because they're being safe.
  • Options
    Balls. Sorry I read misread your post... :impissed:
  • Options
    Edited cuz woa edited :p
  • Options
    ^^^ so it is true. Anyway, my local (not so local) clinic has moved and gone all cryptic, you can only make an appoointment for the next day within their weird clinic times, and only by phoning during their strange and changing one hour appointment line slot! Doh! Much easier to the *next* city for an appointment. You'd think they want people walking around with nasties in their knickers with how difficult they make it!
  • Options
    [QUOTE=Zellahe'll be able to tell cos she'll bleed when she first has sex. [/QUOTE]

Not always true!
  • Options
    I knwo its not alwasy true, but she thinks that in case it will cos if it hurts her to have a pinky finger get in there then it will hurt and most probaly tear if a penis trys it.

So will she need an internal exam or not?
  • Options
    Even if they were to recomend one, which I don't expect they will in her case, she is having the tests voluntarily and can just say "no thanks, please just take a throat and urethra swab with bloods. I don't want a vaginal examination" . I can't see any reason why they would do one when she's young and a virgin, as long as she tells them first I think she'll be fine.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Edited cuz woa edited :p

Hope you didn't slag me off too harshly! :p
  • Options
    i went to the sexual health clinic at my hospital about 2 weeks ago. before hand i was sooooo nervous but it really isn't anything to worry about. the nurses there are so lovely and make you feel comfortable. they have a little talk to you about your health/sexual history and ask you why you've come to get tested. at this stage it's probably best to be honest!

the actual test (though a little confused as to why you want to know about it as you say you've already been??) was pain free and only had a slight bit of discomfort. you go behind a curtain and take your trousers/knickers off and wrap something around you. then you get up on the chair and (worst bit i think!) then put your legs up in some stirrups. then the nurse/doctor has a general examination of your lady bits..looking for any obvious symptoms of anything. then..well with me anyway, she put some lube stuff on me and inserted the metal thing. forgotten what they call it. this doesn't hurt, and it wasn't as uncomfortable as i thought i'd be! the lady was really steady and didn't just ram it up me or anything! there was another nurse stood there who was talking to me about uni and stuff and i just sat there with my hands over my eyes (dunno why!!). then they use this metal thing to open you up so they can take some swabs - i couldn't really feel this. then she took a swab from my wee hole (dunno the medical term!) and she said this might sting a bit but it didn't. then i went to another room and had a blood test (thought i'd get the full MOT while i was there!) and that was it, i went home.

you can state in which way you want to be contacted should they find that you have an infection or anything...i.e. by post/e-mail or text message.

hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    Thats very helpful, thank you. They didnt do all that for me, there were no strups and they didnt take a swab from my wee hole or do a blood test. Just the metal thingy, which hurt like fuck (I had the worst thrush ever)

I didnt know they could contact you via email, that would be great for my friend as she cant let her family know cos they go mad at her for even talking to a boy so if they found out she needed testing they'd probably hit her or somthing.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Thats very helpful, thank you. They didnt do all that for me, there were no strups and they didnt take a swab from my wee hole or do a blood test. Just the metal thingy, which hurt like fuck (I had the worst thrush ever)

I didnt know they could contact you via email, that would be great for my friend as she cant let her family know cos they go mad at her for even talking to a boy so if they found out she needed testing they'd probably hit her or somthing.

well they could txt her :)

eta: why did they insert the metal do-da but not have your legs up in those thingies? and did you go to the doctors as opposed to a gum clinic 'cause i assume you just went to get your thrush checked out?
  • Options
    Zella wrote:

i had the same procedure as lucifer devil. i'm surprised yours was so different.
    did you get tested at a GUM clinic or at the doctors?
  • Options
    I'm going to the doctors this Friday to be tested. Does anyone know the procedure for the doctors?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I'm going to the doctors this Friday to be tested. Does anyone know the procedure for the doctors?

should imagine it'd be the same for the GUM/sexual health clinic? afterall they do the same testing.
  • Options
    It all sounds very scary to me. :nervous:
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    It all sounds very scary to me. :nervous:

it's not! i'm a wimp but it was fine. i'm not going to lie about it; i've been honest about how it felt etc. just try not to think about it. and least you'll have piece of mind once you've been.

personally i'd rather go to the hospital to get it done. i won't be going there often unlike i do with the doctors and wouldn't fancy bumping into the nurse who was poking around in my lady bits with a bleedin' torch on her head while i've got my legs up in the air (slight exaggeration).
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    they use a speculum and take swabs from the vagina and cervix. i didn't feel a thing.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    cos if it hurts her to have a pinky finger get in there then it will hurt and most probaly tear if a penis trys it.

My hymen is definitely broken because I've been fingered several times, but it still hurts like f*ck every time does it.
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    My hymen is definitely broken because I've been fingered several times, but it still hurts like f*ck every time does it.

just because you've been 'fingered' doesn't necessarily mean your hymen is broken. and there's obviously a reason why it 'hurts like f*ck'.
  • Options
    personally i'd rather go to the hospital to get it done. i won't be going there often unlike i do with the doctors and wouldn't fancy bumping into the nurse who was poking around in my lady bits with a bleedin' torch on her head while i've got my legs up in the air (slight exaggeration).

She wont remember every singles persons lady-bits she's ever seen! I know it's embarrassin but they dont care, or take mental notes...it's their job :yes: