Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO: Glaswegians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What's your best place to go out on the razz nowadays? I heard someone saying Buffalo Joes was good but I'm not too keen on the whole western thing - do you need to dress up?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I heard it was shite.

Usually stay up Sauchiehall St, go to a few bars around there and usually end up in The Garage.
  • Options
    I might be heading over there for St Paddys day and my mate was mentioning something about a place called Archers, does anyone know if it's any good?
  • Options
    Arches

Never been personally so couldnt tell you

http://www.thearches.co.uk/
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I might be heading over there for St Paddys day and my mate was mentioning something about a place called Archers, does anyone know if it's any good?

The Arches? Very popular club but i'm not too keen on it, possibly because i took acid in there one night and everything became totally demonic.

Can get very busy, it's one of the clubs everyone knows in glasgow, i'd imagine on st patricks day it'd be absolutely packed.

The Liquid Lounge is decent, the music and aesthetics are better than most places from what i can remember.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The Arches? Very popular club but i'm not too keen on it, possibly because i took acid in there one night and everything became totally demonic.

Can get very busy, it's one of the clubs everyone knows in glasgow, i'd imagine on st patricks day it'd be absolutely packed.

The Liquid Lounge is decent, the music and aesthetics are better than most places from what i can remember.

Yeh that must be it. I was pissed so I didn't hear exactly what it was.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    What's your best place to go out on the razz nowadays? I heard someone saying Buffalo Joes was good but I'm not too keen on the whole western thing - do you need to dress up?

Buffalo Joes is £10 to get in and stupidly expensive for drinks, though the waitresses get up on the bar and dance a la Coyote Ugly!

Plus, I just heard, don't know if it's true or not mind, that some guy got stabbed on the dance floor some ridiculous number of times by some lovely pub goers the other night. Not sounding like the nicest place to go, imo :p

I don't really go out in Glagsow unless it's to Rufus and/or the Cathouse occasionaly, which are good if you like that kind of music. Other than that my mates go to The Garage, Cube and Blanket. Personally I HATE Blanket but each to their own.
  • Options
    Firewater is a quality bar. Cannae mind the name of the street, but if you're walking down towards The Garage from Sauchiehall Street, it's on the left hand side, about half way to The Garage.