Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

seeds and ibs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
could seeds cause really bad diarrhoea and sickness or would it be ore likely a bug? had to take day off work due to bad sickness and diarrhoea. feel better now but still not great.
thing is i have ibs but generally i get constipated but i had diarrhoea before after eating bread with seeds on the top. i started eating pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds the other day trying to be healthy and forgetting that the seeds on that bread i had eaten before upset my stomach.
last night i was sick as a dog and i think the world fell out my bum could it have been the seeds would you react that badly to them? or more likely a virus, i do work in nursery so it is possible.
fiance chucked seeds in bin this morning as i thought i may vomit looking at them. i have eaten some soup and feel better than earlier im just interested to know if it could have been the seeds?

Comments

• Options
    If you were vomitting as well i would say it is more likely to be a bug, especially as you work with children. Sickness bugs do spread quite rapidly, even in workplaces just of adults, where it is not common place to dribble over everytihng in sight, unlike in workplaces filled with children! I would say it could of been food poisonong if you said you had eaten meat or something, but highly unlikely to suffer this just from seeds. Just try and drink plenty, eat plain foods if you can stomach them and get plenty of rest :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks x
  • Options
    yeah, it does sound a bit violent to be caused by the seeds.

i always find with IBS that is sensitive to certain things, once you've been to the loo, you get quite a bit of relief. the fact that it's gone on for a day sounds loads more virus-y.
  • Options
    yeah my mum said my nana had a stomach bug recently. still dont feel too hot, im sore from just under my ribs down to my belly. my insides were working over time. im sure ill live to tel another story.
    i wasnt convinced it was the seeds but i did wonder. they are binned anyway, dont think i could touch them as i would associate them with being sick even though it probably wasnt them that caused it. so much for trying to be all healthy!
    !!