Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

haiiiir

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats the best shampoo for fading black hair dye from hair, taking into account the hair was bleached blonde over the summer and has only partly grown out. will it fade from the bleached parts? when it fades, can i dye over in a lighter colour? how long will it take? sorry for all the questions :blush:

Comments

• Options
    I've heard about putting head and shoulders on your hair and leaving it on for a while before washing it off.
  • Options
    I asked my stylist the same question and she said wet your hair and cover it with head and shoulders, and then cover with a shower cap and sleep in it...
    then wash it off the next day...

I didn't do that, but I did use head n shoulders every day and each time saw the water turn brown - so it must work...

And no, you can't dye over dyed black hair with a lighter colour...

Ilora x
  • Options
    You could get your hair stripped, superdrug sell the stripping kit things for only about £4, and they do actually work but if your anything like my friend your hair will go a yellowy/orange colour, but thats fine if you are going to dye over it because then you can use whatever colour light or dark and it should take to it fine.
    Or if your rich you can get it done at the hairdressers ;D
  • Options
    i got a stripping thing and my hair turned bright ginge, like carrots :lol: so i couldnt put the light brown colour on it cuz i didnt think it would work? i had to don a beanie, dash to boots to get a dark brown colour over the top, oh well it looks warm better than jet black hair. reckon the gingeness will fade soon?
  • Options
    Colour stripping won't 'fade' because there's nothing to fade - it strips the pigment out of the hair permanently....

Ilora x
  • Options
    I was going to suggest use neutrogenias anti-residue shampoo 2x day for a couple days, it comes in a little bottle and although it works nice how its supposed to, i know it fades hair color quite well also ;) but i guess i'm a bit late.
  • Options
    my friend got her hair stripped at hairdressers recently for £100!!!! but it looks absolutely gorgeous
  • Options
    yay

the brown dye has made my hair a dark auburn colour which everyone has commented on. much more flattering than black. a hair experiment that actually went right lol ! thanks for all the advice guys. :thumb: