Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Foundation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i love the mousse one - if it's making you orange you aren't choosing the right colour!
    I agree. I usually choose the lightest tones, but I have to go for the next one up . I choose nude instead of ivory and for some reason it looks less orange (youd think itd be the other way round)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How long does it last? I've been contemplating that one.
    its supposed to last ages, but i still have to reapply it during the day. I dont think its much different from other foundations, apart from I like the texture. its not too obvious that its on, and it feels quite light. I still dont like it as much as the mousse one.
  • Options
    max factor creme puff is super light and suits my combo skin fine, plus there are loads of shades..i don't know whether you prefer a liquid one though, or one with more heavy coverage.
    i'd like to try wearing liquid foundation, the maybelline matt mousse is on offer in superdrug at the moment.. hmm.. im just wondering if i'll look a bit clown like if i start piling make up on just as spring arrives, when i've never worn it before :P
  • Options
    when you ask 'how long does it last', where does it go exactly? I'm not a foundation wearer btw.
  • Options
    It wears off.
  • Options
    well i took the plunge and got some maybelline matte mousse stuff as it was on offer in superdrug. amazing! felt really light, looked so natural, didn't need to use concealer or powder and i only needed a tiny weeny bit. ivory matched my skin tone perfectly.. and i'm pretty pale and can never find the right sort of colour for me. so... yay! im happy hehehe.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    how do you apply your foundation? i used a sponge for years, but now i have a foundation brush, which is ok, but i need something like that for the mousse as it will get up my nails without! just wondering if there was a trick?
  • Options
    Powder to me, is the most important part of my makeup routine. Without powder, foundation just doesn't do it's job.

I apply foundation with my fingers (concealer with fingers too) and then apply powder with a brush for a more natural finish...

Ilora x
  • Options
    I prefer tinted moisturisers to foundations. I like Elizabeth Arden Sheer Lightss Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser. It is lighter, has good coverage and hydrates your skin at the same time. Never go back to foundation again!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    how do you apply your foundation? i used a sponge for years, but now i have a foundation brush, which is ok, but i need something like that for the mousse as it will get up my nails without! just wondering if there was a trick?
    heya. i think the mousse goes on best with your finger tips, plus i've heard it's better to apply with your fingers as it warms the foundation which means it spreads more easily over the skin. same for concealer, i find it much more easy to blend with my fingers. i've only got short nails though.. but i find it doesn't get underneath them.
  • Options
    I use sponges too. Damp sponges give a shear look.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

i use my fingers! just don't get it up your nails and use the base of your finger rather than the very end. :p
  • Options
    I use Maybelline EverFresh. Its really good coverage for my awful skin, and if I leave a little out on the lid over-night to dry, I can use it as concealer.
  • Options
    maxfactor flawless perfection, its good but i think i'll try this mousse one everyones raving about next
    i always have the use the palest one seeing as im dealthy white most of the time :( and even that can make me look a bit orange
  • Options
    I had a chat with one of the Chanel reps in selfridges and she helped me choose a powder compact. I was surprised that I ended up having the whitest/lightest colour they do - I hadn't realised I was so pale!! And a lot of foundations I've tried were far too orange.

Ilora x