Home Work & Volunteering
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Recruitment Agencies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
GAHHHHH

What sorta people work in these? I'll tell you who, fat, 40- something single women with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Why do i say this? Because its true. I email one particular recruitment agency at least once a week, have i had a reply from them? No, ive tried writting different types of emails, long and short, yet still get sod all reply for jobs i want to apply for that i can do! I know they read the emails as one the other 'women' i emailed there replied promptly and politely, but the one who deals with the jobs i want ignores me constantly.

And its not just this agency, its pretty much all of them, and im even more fed up with agencies calling me, me sending my work to them and them saying 'wow thats great i'll call you tomo as i think i got a few jobs lined up for you', then them never calling back. Its so catch 22 as well, companies wont ditch the agencies so the only way to apply is to contact these agencies!

I wana cry at how crap they are. No wonder the job boards are full of 'Recruitment consultant' adverts!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Slave traders.

They're just used car salesmen/women/creatures that deal in people instead. Mostly deeply unpleasant.
    Apart from the bloke I got my job through, he was bloody good, and deserves the fees he gets.
    fit birds in the agency that i used to go through to get my current job ;D
    NeoNero wrote:
    What sorta people work in these? I'll tell you who, fat, 40- something single women with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Oh, and you're talking out of your arse. I've dealt mostly (bar about 3) with men of 30ish (or so they sounded, most of them aren't professional enough to actually meet the candidate).
    Aww diddums. Just because they won't give you a job you're not qualified for. Bless.

Personally speaking, the recruitment agency I use are excellent. They return calls, find good jobs, and employ good skirt in the office.

And no, they don't always return calls. Because, believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around you.
    Kermit wrote:
    Aww diddums. Just because they won't give you a job you're not qualified for. Bless.

Personally speaking, the recruitment agency I use are excellent. They return calls, find good jobs, and employ good skirt in the office.

And no, they don't always return calls. Because, believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Agencies recruiting for permenant jobs tend to be different from temping agencies.

It's unprofessional to not return calls, even if it's telling someone to bog off. Mind you, they get fired soon enough if they don't make enough "placements".
    I'd say that is why they're generally cunts, but you usually have to be one to do the job, like a lot in sales. Because that's all it is.
    The employment agencies are working on behalf of the companies who are hiring and will always act accordingly. You are not the "customer" in this scenario, the hiring company are.
    bad seed wrote:
    Mind you, they get fired soon enough if they don't make enough "placements".

It's also why if you're not getting placed anywhere it's probably because you are going for jobs way above or way below your skill level.
    Kermit wrote:

Well excuse me if agencies are there to find me jobs, as they keep on telling me when they go 'we have got staff with years of experience, who are at the top of their field and recognised world wide to get YOU the job YOU deserve.

And its not just one job, i find a ration of 300 emails to six actual interviews pathetic.

Also, with them being a recruitment agency, and me being someone applying for jobs they are supplying the world does revolve around me, it'd be like a retailer not selling stock to its customers. If i didnt apply for jobs, then they wouldnt have anyone with which to earn their money.

I really hate you kermit you always try and derail my threads all the way up there on your high horse. Surprised you can hear me actually. This board is to offer advice, not to look down your nose at people and belittle them.

And i think i am qualifed for the jobs i do, in fact recently i been applying for data entry jobs just to see if i get any results, apparently having a typing speed of 70 words per minute is not good enough for such a highly skilled job, neither is knowing a wide range of programs, as well as not working within offices for nearly five years.
    you seem to talk about emails a lot? a lot of the times agencies advertise "fake" positions on advertisements and internet sites to get people to get in touch and register their interest with them, these jobs dont always exist.

try using a local agency that you can go in and see face to face...

the agency ive used most were fantastic and twice they found me a permanant job within 2 weeks, i used to be able to ring in everyday and ask if anything had come in, or they'd ring me.
    NeoNero wrote:
    Well excuse me if agencies are there to find me jobs

They're there to find staff for employers, as they're the ones that pay them.

Although I agree that the attidude of recruitment consultants usually tends to be quite awful.

Pester the buggers. If you don't look out for your interests, then no-one else will.
    They couldn't give two fucks who they get into the job (well, who gets the job for themselves, all they do is weed out CVs and introduce employer to prospective employee), as long as said person stays in it for three months, and the agent gets their commission.
    koe_182 wrote:
    you seem to talk about emails a lot? a lot of the times agencies advertise "fake" positions on advertisements and internet sites to get people to get in touch and register their interest with them, these jobs dont always exist.

try using a local agency that you can go in and see face to face...

the agency ive used most were fantastic and twice they found me a permanant job within 2 weeks, i used to be able to ring in everyday and ask if anything had come in, or they'd ring me.

Most agencies arnt on the highstreet though are they, like i mean the little ones, ones like select and addecco are but they all seem to hire telesales or office juniors to make tea (looking at their roles on their windows) for pitiful wages. All the ones for jobs that pay a little more dont really wana see you face to face, they seem to do most their work over the phone and the net.

What agency did you use because as far as i can see is the ones on the highstreet at not the type of jobs i should be applying for.