Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The real derby

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think this is strange aswell, the referee might "see" an incident and book a player but the TV replays from various different angles could prove that a player should have actually being given a straight red but because of the refs report the players yellow doesn't get upgraded. I think the FA should use TV replays after the game on every occasion where the refs decision is under question, both to upgrade and downgrade bookings/sendings off.

I'm definitely agreeing with that. The problems arise because the rules that are already in place don't allow for any kind of common sense or consistency.

I don't think cameras are the solution to everything (I'm still not sure about the goal line/decisions on the day thing), but I do think that violent conduct, serious foul play, and in particular play acting, could be looked at retrospectively by a panel and the offenders hit extremely hard.