Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Graffiti or art?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theres actually a few really cool bits of graffiti around Colchester that ive seen, ive often wondered who did it, i love walking past it, or spotting new ones I hadnt noticed before.
  • Options
    i wouldnt mind if someone painted a train either. Not tagging, but artwork. just because this didnt have permission, it doesnt mean its the same as people tagging.

But it is the same as tagging.

Where do you draw the line with vandalism? OK graffiti? Talentless graffiti? Tagging? Even though it's good it's still vandalism.

Let the "good" ones get away with it, and the crap ones and the taggers can use the same arguments to get away with it too.

I've seen some great artwork on train carriages. It's still vile, and it still harms you when the train company have to remove the train from service because the driver can't see out of the window.
    If the council hadnt bothered washing off all the tags, I sure hope they wont go and wash this guys work off.

In this case, I'd probably agree with you. But only because it's good.

The police should still have thrown the book at the people responsible for it.
  • Options
    Urban Jungles are all the better for graffiti, better to have some artistic creation than bland concrete.
  • Options
    looks like some one can't draw graffiti so it is not are or graffiti more something to do in there wast of lives. end of .
  • Options
    Looks good. Shame there's not more like it.
  • Options
    toy
  • Options
    Let me expand: WTF were you doing? what exactly was your point there mate? Just because *you* think what you did was more artistic than the underlying 'graffiti' - it should suddenly excuse you from the law? Don't think so. If you a 'real' writer an got fined £80- u a pussy hole. If I'da sin ya, I'd sparked ya over da 'ead wiv ya emulsion and raked off wid ya paint blad. If u is tryin to make a statement wiv 'street style' art, ya need ta get ya performance license like everyone else, or at least hit the legal or 'permission' spots. Dat iz y u iz TOY an I wud line ya shit all over dis, dat or any town ya wan come.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    yeah.. he was the guy who hung fake portraits in london gallerys, and he did a Blur album cover. i just like his sense of absurd humour.

We have a Banksy on the side of TheSite towers, very impressive it is to, and the council seem to be doing a good job of leaving it untouched, whilst removing the graffiti around it.