Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

jogging/ athletic trousers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone know where i can find some nice looking jogging trousers that will fit a small person like me?! ( i am 5ft!!)

all the sports shops that ive looked in have nice ones but they are all waaay too long for me!! im not good at shortening trousers so i would really prefer to find some that are the right size when i get them!!!

i have not been to next yet and i know they MAY have some in the petite section but other than that?? i would like some more options than that!!

thanks

Comments

• Options
    would you be able to get away with wearing some from the girls section?

or how about some that have elasticated bottoms?
  • Options
    What size inside leg do you normally take, is 30 to large? Because i'm 5'2 and 30 inch leg fits me just right, as in my shoes are covered but the trousers aren't dragging on the floor. If you find them too large then you might be better off looking in the petite sections of stores, have you tried New Look and Dorothy Perkins?
  • Options
    noo i cant wear trousers from the girls section. the length is generally alright but around the thighs and stomach they tend to be too tight!!

as for inside leg, i think i usually have about 29-30. lately though, most of the 30 ones that ive tried are still too long and drag on the ground (with my normal shoes theyd be fine - but with my athletic trainers that ill be wearing them with they drag)
    ive tried new look and there isnt really anything there, but i have not tried dorothy perkins! ill take a look on saturday. another place i tried was principles and they had petite sizes, but now suitable trousers!! this is so frustrating lol :P i wish i was taller
  • Options
    tesco do some plain black trousers that they call yoga pants - they're only £6. they're just casual trousery things that would be suitable for jogging etc. i'm only 5'4" and they were fine on me (though i am 4" taller than you). be warned though, there isn't much give in the waistband so you might need the next size up! if not, topshop do casual style trousers (sometimes they say stuff on the bum though and are about 4 times the price of tescos ones) and they have a petite section, too.
  • Options
    Are there not petite sections in stores?
  • Options
    no, not many shops tend to have tall/petite sections..just go for an average i guess.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    noo i cant wear trousers from the girls section. the length is generally alright but around the thighs and stomach they tend to be too tight!!

as for inside leg, i think i usually have about 29-30. lately though, most of the 30 ones that ive tried are still too long and drag on the ground (with my normal shoes theyd be fine - but with my athletic trainers that ill be wearing them with they drag)
    ive tried new look and there isnt really anything there, but i have not tried dorothy perkins! ill take a look on saturday. another place i tried was principles and they had petite sizes, but now suitable trousers!! this is so frustrating lol :P i wish i was taller

yeh!!! someone else has my problem!
    When I was at school I couldn't get any so had to wear shorts all year round for hockey etc, froze!!
    I've got a pair from next to just wear for when I'm about the house as they still don't fit me well!