Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Justice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Options
    Curel and brilliant? I wouldn't put those two words together.

The speed is a worry and I have my doubts about how confessions where achieved but if it's above board then guilty is correct.

I won't comment on the execution aspect though. Slightly different thread that's been done so many times before.
  • Options
    Apparently the DNA evidence was checked over by someone from the British Embassy there to make sure it is legit, so on that basis I do think they have probably got the right men.

They shouldn't hang them though.
  • Options
    It was a very swift and, as far as I can tell, fair verdict but I will never condone capital punishment. As MoK said, though, that's for another thread.
  • Options
    Born Slippy, do you ever reply to your threads? And do you ever make threads not involving either homosexuals, pedophiles or people who aren't white? Just wondering...

Personally I don't condone execution.
  • Options
    It's a high profile case, people around the world are aware of it, and Thailand is terrified of the effect it will have on the tourist industry, particularly because a lot of tourists who visit Thailand are from Britain. I think this was a huge factor in the verdict. Do they usually have the death sentence in Thailand, or is it rarely used?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

They shouldn't hang them though.

According to Five News it's lethal injection; not death by hanging.
  • Options
    It is death by injection.

I must admit concerns about the speed of the trial, and the way they plucked them out of the woodwork so quickly. But if it is all above board, then as MoK says, I'm delighted with the guilty verdict.

If it is all above board then I am delighted they are going to be killed. It's a shame it will be as nice as lethal injection- painful as it is, it doesn't quite fit the bill somehow. I won't lament those two animals, though. I'm delighted they're going to be killed.

I don't know if that makes it just though.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Apparently the DNA evidence was checked over by someone from the British Embassy there to make sure it is legit, .

oh how easy it is to fool the people!

hey we got this swab from here ...see it is dated two weeks ago ...we got this swab today ...in front of your eyes even and guess what ...they fucking match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you seriously that easily convinced?

not about this case or the disturbing speed in which it has been dealt with but ...something far more important.
    you believe ...that easily?
  • Options
    not about this case or the disturbing speed in which it has been dealt with but ...something far more important.

What evidence do you have its a fit up or are you just assuming there are shaddowy figures at work again?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If it is all above board then I am delighted they are going to be killed. It's a shame it will be as nice as lethal injection- painful as it is, it doesn't quite fit the bill somehow. I won't lament those two animals, though. I'm delighted they're going to be killed.

Lethal injection is probably the worst way of execution which is generally used.

Because of the coctail of drugs used (though the Thai's may use different ones to the US) the body is paralized but the mind can still feel, the person basically gets to feel themself drowning as the lungs stop working.
  • Options
    Sounds like they are guilty and there isnt a cover up.

Were not dealing with master criminals or terorists there probably stupid and acted stupidly told their mated theyde done it etc. This is the case with most murders I think the guilty are quickly identified.
  • Options
    oh how easy it is to fool the people!

hey we got this swab from here ...see it is dated two weeks ago ...we got this swab today ...in front of your eyes even and guess what ...they fucking match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you seriously that easily convinced?

Must admit Rolly, I'm extremely sceptical about the whole thing too. Just because they say they have DNA evidence doesn't mean it is concrete that they did it.

We'll never know if it was corrupt or not I suppose.

If they did it, they should die. I'm just worried that it could be a quick fit up to get the heat off the thai government.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Lethal injection is probably the worst way of execution which is generally used.

Because of the coctail of drugs used (though the Thai's may use different ones to the US) the body is paralized but the mind can still feel, the person basically gets to feel themself drowning as the lungs stop working.

My heart doesn't bleed one bit. It's generally not anywhere near as painful as the method the murderer used- it certainly beats getting beaten half to death, repeatedly raped, and then thrown in the sea.

I do share the concerns about the speed of the case, though. From not having a clue to a guilty verdict in three weeks is awfully efficient.
  • Options
    "The court heard how she was beaten with a parasol pole, raped and later dragged out to sea where she was drowned."

If this is true and they're guilty then yes they should die.
  • Options
    i read today that normally they'd be only given a life sentance because they pleaded guilty. not sure that this is fair; and that it seems that the thai justice system are only treating them this harshly because it's been made a big story of in the media and they don't want to give thailand a bad name. but i guess it sends out a signal to others out there to not do the same or they too, will face the wrath of thai justice. having said that, another english holidaymaker was raped shortly afterwards, wasn't she?