Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

and yet another ID card thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just to reiterate that i think this is one of the most dangerous moves towards a totalitarian state

i might even vote for the tories if they could stop it going through :O

i like the comment by the everso impartial bbc
'People would not have to carry the cards in the street, but would have to produce them when required' - which means they're compulsory, despite the fact they won't reduce crime, benefit fraud, terroists or whatever new reason the government says when the old reason is said to be a pile of utter crocket

then theres the fact to get one you show current 'ineffective' proof of identity to get one, and like any system its only as strong as the weakest part of it

Comments

• Options
    I ain't getting one.

It's an interesting question to ask though, why does Tony and coreally want them?

They aren't daft enough to think that terrorism is such a huge threat as to need this level of intrusion. They aren't daft enough to think that this will work either, even if they did.

Theres easier ways of cowing a population, especially one as indiffeent as those within the imaginary "uk" boundary.

Any guesses?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I ain't getting one.

It's an interesting question to ask though, why does Tony and coreally want them?

They aren't daft enough to think that terrorism is such a huge threat as to need this level of intrusion. They aren't daft enough to think that this will work either, even if they did.

Theres easier ways of cowing a population, especially one as indiffeent as those within the imaginary "uk" boundary.

Any guesses?

haha no idea here, it's odd how government control is almost like the uncertainty principle, as in the more you control the less you know
  • Options
    This is certainly a move which gives the State a lot of power it could abuse, but I dont think it is the most dangerous thing the government are doing.

I'm against it, but more because it will be a pointless waste of money.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    This is certainly a move which gives the State a lot of power it could abuse, but I dont think it is the most dangerous thing the government are doing.

I'm against it, but more because it will be a pointless waste of money.

yeh it's also a good waste of money
  • Options
    Nice to see that it was held up by the Lords this week, although that was more about cost than principles.