Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Locked Out

2»

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    MrG wrote:
    you cant open the door from the inside then?
    no it was one of those yale locks, and if u lock it from the outside it double locks it so u cant open it from inside, however that door has now been replaced and id like to say it was coz we needed a new one, and not coz of my constant moaning about it! but hey i cant coz that'd be lying!! haha!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    olaola wrote:
    isnt it just the most anoying thing in the world, to be locked outside your own house! - for 8 hours grr.

i left my car keys inside thinking they were in my pocket, it also had the house keys in.

phoned everyone in my phone book and got a few people to come out. Had £6 in my pocket so spent that ten pin bowling - very random

so.. to turn this into a thread, whats the longest youve ever been locked out for, and what did you do to pass the time?

Not long - got the lock drilled :D
  • Options
    I got locked out while my parents were away..... 3 hours after they'd left for a 2 week holiday.

My (useless) boyfriend was staying with me, and since I had to leave before he did, I asked (very nicely) if he could leave the back door unlocked, just pull the handle up to make it harder to open (as my family usually does due to the dog and the lock gets stuck when you lock it...). I then left him my keys so he could lock the front door.

What does he go and do? Lock all the doors and close all the windows. Any other time, him considering my homes safety would of been cute. But not when it's raining. Several unsuccessful phonecalls to him meant I ended up going up to A&E and having to queue with lots of patients just so I could ask to see my aunty, who luckily had a copy of our front door key on her!
  • Options
    I had to go into my dad's school to get his keys when I was locked out, and it was in a PE lesson, so I had to go up on the playing field and ask him, watched by about 50 children! That was embarrassing!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    About an hour. It's like a Mr. Bean story: I forgot to take the keys out of the hole before closing the door. Luckily we have 2 locks and they were on the one that doesn't lock automatically, so with the key for the other lock I'd be able to open the door.
    I knew my grandparents have spares, and they lived nearby, so I went there to get the key I needed. I took the whole keyring (many keys on it) and went back up the building to the house door. After trying all the keys one by one, I discovered that the one key I needed was missing.
    I went back to my grandparents to see if it had fallen off the keyring. I did found some fallen keys, so I took them all. Again, none fitted.
    I thought my aunt (who lives on the floor below us) might have spares too, so I went down the stairs and used the doorbell. No answer. So I went back to my grandparents, and called my aunt in case she couldn't hear the doorbell. Still no answer.
    Going back to my own building, my aunt who had been in the shower before heard me, and because my grandma had called she knew what was wrong. She had some keys which might have been the ones to my house, she wasn't sure. I tried them too, and none worked.

At that point, I was pretty enraged... I had to take it out on something, so I kicked the door.
    ...And it opened.