Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I think she might be pregnant.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went on NHS direct site and typed in her two main syptoms: back pain and vommiting. First ten hits were all morning sickness. All with her other symptons.

This has got me slightly worried, we've got a pregnency test on the way. We always check the condoms after-wards to see if they've split, or sprung a leak.

We've been having sex for a few months and she hasn't missed a period, she's due in a few days. But we've had sex 4-5 times since her last one, and despite it saying morning sickness occurs 6 weeks after your first missed period I'm still worried.

I just really wanted to know how likely it is she is, what to do/where to go, if it could be any other ilness, or anything else that might be helpful.

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The two symptoms could be completely unrelated. For example, she may have a tummy bug and as her period is coming, her backache could be related to that.

See what happens when her period comes. And you cannot do a pregnancy test before her period due date.
  • Options
    She could have the flu.
  • Options
    wait and she if she gets her period first. if she doesn't - then you can start to panic.
  • Options
    Well I would wait until her period is due before you panic, I'm currently suffering from back pain and nausea which are both syptoms. My bad back was caused by carrying two large textbooks in my bag yesterday (that would be my guess) and I'm feeling nauseous because because my friend has just burnt milk to the bottom of the pan, it a horrible smell.

So its quite possible her two syptoms could be unrelated. She could have the flu, there are lots of illness which can cause nausea and you can cause back pain by sitting badly on a chair, sleeping twisted, carrying to much at once to name a few.

I sometime suffer from back pain just before my period and I find being on my period can make me feel nauseous.

So just calm down and wait until she has missed her period before you start to panic.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    She could have the flu.

:yes: It is flu season. As everybody else has said, just wait till her its her period time anyways.

May I just ask though, how do you go about checking the condom after sex every time. I just get this mental image of you two standing over the sink with the condom filled up with water looking for a leak. Quite funny and creepy.
  • Options
    The two symptoms could be completely unrelated. For example, she may have a tummy bug and as her period is coming, her backache could be related to that.

See what happens when her period comes. And you cannot do a pregnancy test before her period due date.

The first responce one works a few days before for some but yes its best to wait.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tweety wrote:
    The first responce one works a few days before for some but yes its best to wait.

I didn't think it was as accurate though. I dunno.

Anyway, the point of what I was saying is that it could be a million and one things. Don't worry until after her period is due, it's silly to worry before.
  • Options
    I didn't think it was as accurate though. I dunno.

Anyway, the point of what I was saying is that it could be a million and one things. Don't worry until after her period is due, it's silly to worry before.

Some people have anough hormones for it to work others don't same as the day they are due some people don't have enough. :) I did hehe.
  • Options
    I used to get those symptoms with tonsilitis. Also had them in pregnancy too though...
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    wait and she if she gets her period first. if she doesn't - then you can start to panic.

She's on the money. No point in worrying at the moment - the two symptoms you describe can be due to any number of unrelated causes. All will, hopefully, be answered in a week. :)