Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you reading at the moment

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Replicant wrote:
    I am currently reading principia discordia :)

Hail Eris!
  • Options
    I've just finished one of the Dick Francis novels, I forget which one. They're all nice, brainless fun.

Clive Cussler is good for brainless fun too. Shock Wave was a good adventure book.

Elizabeth Wurtzel is captivating, though I can't read Bitch without wanting to drop kick something small, cute and fluffy.

Everyone should read Time-Traveller's Wife NOW. My favourite book ever, I think.
  • Options
    Trying to get stuck into John Irving-The World According to Garp

Tis a weird book!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Everyone should read Time-Traveller's Wife NOW. My favourite book ever, I think.

I was going to get that at the library the other day. But I've got an exam to study for - then I can get back into reading properly, and I'll go and get it.

I'm reading up for my Financial Planning Certificate - but at the same time, trying to read Augusten Burroughs - Dry. It's the one after 'Running with Scissors' (which I'm told comes out later this year as a movie). EVERYONE should read them!
  • Options
    I've just finished Daddy Long Legs, by Jean Webster for the 10000000th time, it's great.
    I'm reading The Amber Spyglass as well, although my progress with that is hindered by being back at uni; I read the other two over Boxing day and the day after. I think Philip Pullman is great, and I really liked the Sally Lockhart books as well.
    What else have I got to read? Oh yeah, some course textbooks like 'An Introduction to Old English', something about phonology and my new photocopy packs for Syntax and LVC.
  • Options
    I'm reading A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, or at least trying. Because of its size its not something I can pop in my bag and read on the bus, so I'm trying to make time for it. That and a couple of History books for my course about the Victorian Underworld and Soviet State and Society.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Trying to get stuck into John Irving-The World According to Garp

Tis a weird book!

I LOVE that book! It's weird, granted, but in such a wonderul way....

I'm reading an e.e cummings poetry collection (my favourite poet by far), and Hope Dies Last by Studs Terkel. Waiting for amazon to send me the sequel to A Million Little Pieces; it's called My Friend Leonard and is meant to be even better than the first one....
  • Options
    all celica ahern books are brillant she a irish author she wrote "p.s i love you" and
    "Where rainbows end". im addicted to these books wel worth the money they are 10/10
  • Options
    I'm reading an e.e cummings poetry collection (my favourite poet by far)

Good taste! God, I love e.e cummings, impossible not to when he has produced the best metaphor for bedroom eyes I've ever read.

". . . . . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new"

Best sex poetry ever. ;):p