Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Starting a family

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always knew i wanted kids, even when i was at school, although wasnt quite as keen on the idea of marriage. Ended up getting married at 24 and having a child at 25. Always wanted another one but ex husband didnt so didnt dwell on it too much. Now split from him and am in new relationship and am already feeling broody again :o bloody hormones!
  • Options
    I want toget married at some pointbut i'm not going to rush into anything. I'm not sure about the kids thing tho, starting to think that adoption would be better for me.
  • Options
    I have always wanted a lot of kids, I used to have fancies of 7/8/9 but now I'm thinking 4 or 5. I also had this idea that I'd start having kids at a young age (at the age I am now probably, 20) but now reality has kicked in and I know that I have to have the means to do what I want first. I would like my kids to be quite close in age, though, that's speaking ideally.

The way my life and relationship are going I can see myself pregnant/a mother before I'm 25, all being well.

I would quite like to get married, I know exactly the venue I'd pick if I did. But my boyfriend was married before when he was very young, and has no intention of doing so again. If I do get hitched, it won't be to him ;)
  • Options
    I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing, to be honest. I never thought about it as a kid. I didn't start thinking about it until a girl at work asked me about it. (she was pregnant, didn't know how to tell her boyfriend, wanted to know about male attitudes etc.) The prospect of becoming a father terrifies me.
  • Options
    when is was 15ish i thought i would be married by 23, and first kid by 24 withtwo more to follow later. when i was 19 and met my last bf we decided the same, then stuff happened and plans changed, we agreed we wouls start trying when i was 25-26. we split up and i'm going to be 25 this year, so i can't see it happening!

i still hope to have a child before i'm 30 - hopefully be married before then too...but i'm not holding my breath now tbh. i've learned that people can suprise you even after 3 or 4years together, and it's more important to me to be with the rght person, than have the marriage and kids thing happening.