Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird MDMA problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First post! Woo!
Anyway, I've been doing E for a while now, not very regularly, 2 a month at the most for the last 2 years.
Did a load of MDMA (which I don't have much experience of) over new years just gone and I feel TERRIBLE.
I can't sleep, and when I do finally fall asleep my body starts twitching, like little hiccups. About mid day I'm getting this weird 'throb' through my veins that feels like my heart pumping battery acid around my body. Felt fine yesterday, but the throbbing feeling came back after I had a J in the evening.

I mean, what the hell is all that about? Anything I should be doing about it (other than staying in bed and drinking orange juice)?

Ta
J

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a typical MDMA comedown even though it's lasting a couple of days.

How much did you take?

Just sit it out and you should be fine and i find smoking dope on a comedown makes your head even more messed up but saying that i always smoke on a comedown.

Good luck and welcome to thesite.
  • Options
    Really?? I've done my fair share of stuff in the past, but this is just freaky (for the record I did about.... 5 wraps. 6 maybe. Lost count).

Anyway, cheers Shogun. Time to have a J to celebrate.
  • Options
    5 or 6 wraps over what period of time??

thats quite alot of mdma to be knocking back!
  • Options
    Depends how much was in each wrap though dosen't it?

One of my mates ate 1.5g of MDMA in 5 hours before, he was totally fucked and had a major comedown for about a week after that, had the effects that joseph is talking about. He actually hasn't taken any since that, pills yes but not MDMA powder.

Yea i think it is time for a j.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Depends how much was in each wrap though dosen't it?

True... but chances the wraps wernt going to be smaller than half a g...

So that still could be alot. Depends on time period though as well.

but I can imagen you would feel like that on a big binge... just got to ride it out!
  • Options
    It was over the period of about 12 hours. I don't know how much was in them, they were a mate's, but everyone was knocking them back like crazy. I kinda assumed they would be no stronger than pills. Oooops.

Realised I got a cold today too, probably making it worse. Too skint to tube it to work so been suffering on the freezing bus. Good timing Joseph! You twat.
  • Options
    A cold, that's your immune system taking a battering.

A wrap could be anything from a £1 worth up till a gram and over.

I'm assuming you mean a wrap as in a skin bombed.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    I'm assuming you mean a wrap as in a skin bombed.

oooooh!!! How stupid of me!

I didnt even think about it that way, I was thinking as in a wrap wrap...

not each dose bombed! :blush:
  • Options
    No no James - I'd be dead.

Oh well, cheers guys, thats cleared it up for me. I'm a bit of a hypercondre... hypocondri..... worrier.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is a page on theSite about coping with comedowns if you want to take a look.

Erowid has a wealth of information too, and you may find of particular interest their pages on MDMA hangovers and week-after effects, MDMA Effects (esp. the negatives) and the side effects profile, a bit about the MDMA Crash, and finally some information about the loss of magic reported by repeat users.
  • Options
    You're a gem, ta muchly.
  • Options
    Yea just sounds like a comedown. Trying to sleep them your body just spasms and goes nuts. I also got the heart thingy, quite scary for a few moments. I wouldn't worry too much mate.
  • Options
    So that whole 'throb' thing is totally normal?? It feels like a kind of pins n needles fuzz zipping along my veins, but really briefly - just a heartbeat and its gone. Mainly in my arms, neck and head. A bit.... disconcerting.
  • Options
    Joseph-J wrote:
    So that whole 'throb' thing is totally normal?? It feels like a kind of pins n needles fuzz zipping along my veins, but really briefly - just a heartbeat and its gone. Mainly in my arms, neck and head. A bit.... disconcerting.

I'm not exactly sure, I used to get it when I took speed...nothing to get your knickers in a twist like. Just don't take as much next time rouind.
  • Options
    Damn right.
  • Options
    i get these weird head zaps the week after if ive taken a lot of mdma

had a load of weird feelings in my arms etc from speed mostly .. started off all tingly once in my hands then spread up all over my arms and chest, numb all over

wasnt very much fun at the time
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

had a load of weird feelings in my arms etc from speed mostly .. started off all tingly once in my hands then spread up all over my arms and chest, numb all over

That sounds like what I had after V festival weekend. I thought i was dying on the way home, and my comedown lasted 5 days. It was only on day 3 that i could function at all, and those brain zaps are weird. I would never do that much again.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

I used to get those head zaps all the time with MDMA. I made a post about it I think. It usually happens about 2 days after taking the stuff. It's doesn't have an immediate onset. When it was bad, it used to keep me up at night.
  • Options
    ur probs starting to get the stage where u do way too much often and get a nasty come down, then just bored bored of the drug.