Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

35 people stabbed in 3 hours

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Personally I think that the police writing up their paperwork is a necessary part of the job and the only coppers complaining about it are the ones who want carte blanche to stop and search anyone they don't like the look of.

On the one hand I agree, that its necessary. But on the other hand, I'd say its not just coppers who want to stop and search everyone they want, I think its universal in any proffession just by human nature that paperwork is simply boring.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No. I just don’t think the police should have to fill in time-consuming paperwork for each person they stop.

On the contrary they should be forced to justify why they stopped someone every single time they do it. If that means paperwork then so be it.

Remember, unless you are in the act of committing an offence, they really have no justification...
    I think it prevents the police from doing their job properly

How, and what job are you talking about?
    they’re not there to waste half an hour filling in forms because they decided to stopped a few people.

Why not?

"Because it's time consuming" isn't a reason...