Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

abstinensce

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Like A Photograph Of Me, mine was really really good. In year 6 the girls where taken to a different room away from the main class rooms where we where taught about periods and the other changes that take place to your bodies.

In secondary secondary school we learnt about reproduction in biology and also have one or two sex education sessions a year in PSHE. In the lower years it was about the changes that happen to our bodies and then as we got older we were told about safe sex, condoms, the pill and STI's etc.

We were even told about how babies grown and develop berfore then are born.
  • Options
    we had about 1 lesson of sex ed in year 6 and i think that was just watching a video telling you the basics of reproduction
    then in year 7 had a lesson about periods
    then didn't have any more till the end of year 9 when we had a whole day of sex ed
    since then we've had the odd lesson when the nurse comes and talks to us about what happens at the clinics, stds and stuff
  • Options
    We had a guy who worked for an STI charity or similar come and talk to us about Aids STDS etc, and I think he was HIV+ himslef so he knew what he was talking about. The pregnancy wasnt too bad of about 500 girls in teh year about 30 had had kids by the age of 18.
  • Options
    When i said I learnt about it from teen mags what I meant was I'd learnt it from readers stories i.e getting pregnant after not using contraception usually because they believed they couldn't get pregnant 1st time or having sti's.
  • Options
    at my school we had the period talk plus free tampax. we also had the STI talk with graphic photos ewww. we never got taught how to put a condom on though or anything. just a lame video explaining what happens in a biology class.

i learnt loads from magazines actually. theyre pretty informative.