Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tube Strike

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
grrr so annoying. Was planning on going to Topshop on oxford street tomorrow to get a top to wear out tomorrow night

Comments

• Options
    Thats why you should drive ;)

So is a tube like a train, bus or subway or something completly different?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Thats why you should drive ;)

I do :p you can't drive in London really tho.

It a train. London underground
  • Options
    I thought a subway was an underground train. but i'm dumb so who knowsLike illegal to drive or just congested. I know how that is. It takes me 35 minutes to get home from work every single day. I only work 7 miles from my house. Sucks. I feel bad for ya :(

First time it snowed this year... took me 1 hour 50 minutes to drive 7 damn miles :grump:
  • Options
    Poor diddums Londoners.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    :hyper: I can't wait to be one :hyper:

I'd live there if I could afford a to live in a nice bit, like Hampstead.
    And had a very swooshy job that I couldn't get anywhere else.

I want to live in Ilkley, really, though :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I thought a subway was an underground train. but i'm dumb so who knowsLike illegal to drive or just congested. I know how that is. It takes me 35 minutes to get home from work every single day. I only work 7 miles from my house. Sucks. I feel bad for ya :(

First time it snowed this year... took me 1 hour 50 minutes to drive 7 damn miles :grump:

No isnt illegal just really busy and nowhere to park, not worth the hassle. I'm not too sure what a subway is really, dont really use the word.

Don't worry I'm well used to the bloody trains. Have to commute to London everyday for work, sucks
  • Options
    grrr so annoying. Was planning on going to Topshop on oxford street tomorrow to get a top to wear out tomorrow night

Tubes trains will be running until midday, if you hurry you can get what you want
  • Options
    There are still buses.

I'm away from London for the exact same 24hr period the strike is on though :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Tube/Underground = Subway
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Tube/Underground = Subway

Although it should be pointed out tube trains can go above and below ground, like onthe met or bakerloo lines that I often catch
  • Options
    Although it should be pointed out tube trains can go above and below ground, like onthe met or bakerloo lines that I often catch

So can the Chicago L, but the red line (which is the one that has an underground path) is still considered the subway while the rest are trains.
  • Options
    As does the circle line too, I was just pointing out the american/british equivalent :p