Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why do men mostly age better than women?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What on earth are you gibbering about now?

I know its a bit above your head, but what I'm saying is that viewing humans through the lens of evolutionary biology (i.e. human beings are mere vehicles for our genes and we can understand all of human behaviour/history/culture/etc by appealing to biology) is a very limited view. Human beings are not merely biological objects, we are subjects with subjective experience, freewill and desires, not just objects slaves to our genetic heritage.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I know its a bit above your head, but what I'm saying is that viewing humans through the lens of evolutionary biology (i.e. human beings are mere vehicles for our genes and we can understand all of human behaviour/history/culture/etc by appealing to biology) is a very limited view. Human beings are not merely biological objects, we are subjects with subjective experience, freewill and desires, not just objects slaves to our genetic heritage.
    i view through the lens of creationism though ...innit.
  • Options
    Make sure you wipe the bullshit off it.
  • Options
    Men generally don't wear make-up. Some women plaster themselves with it, and I imagine in the long wrong it's probably not letting the skin breathe properly, and maybe that's why? I dunno.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Make sure you wipe the bullshit off it.
    :p
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

There is a mix though between the two, you seem to think it's nearly all to do with the fact that we're "social beings" where it's more like half and half. Genetics do matter a lot mate!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There is a mix though between the two, you seem to think it's nearly all to do with the fact that we're "social beings" where it's more like half and half. Genetics do matter a lot mate!

I've never denied that they do. Read again.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I've never denied that they do. Read again.

I never said that either. I just think you take the social side more than anything else.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Men generally don't wear make-up. Some women plaster themselves with it, and I imagine in the long wrong it's probably not letting the skin breathe properly, and maybe that's why? I dunno.
    Pretty much what I was going to suggest.