Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ketamine to become Class C

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not really a surprise, this idea has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Though why class C, it's putting it on the same level with cannabis (which for most people it may aswell be legal)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Not really a surprise, this idea has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Though why class C, it's putting it on the same level with cannabis (which for most people it may aswell be legal)

That's just what I was thinking...
  • Options
    it should be a class B. People should not underestimate the effects. it shuts down parts of your brain, its not good! i have some mates u go clubbing on it and i just cant see why you would want to. its ugly and dirty!
  • Options
    cannabis is legal ...always has been in my house.
  • Options
    It's a shame really, although now it's class C it might be easier to get on the black market because around here most, if not all have never heard of it.
  • Options
    I'm from the us.. Class C is..?

Illegal under all circumstances?
  • Options
    CLass A is the highest in illegal, u gt in less trouble. Tbh i think it shud be a bit higher than c, in the wrong hands it cud make someone pretty fucked up
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    CLass A is the highest in illegal, u gt in less trouble.
    that translates as ...CLass A is the highest in illegal, u gt in
    MORE
    trouble
    CLASS B IS A LITTLE LESS BOVVER ...class c is ...most cops can't be arsed arresting you for it.
    but he can.
    and he will if he's having a bad day but then ...no one can be arsed to put it a court so you just looses your drugs.
  • Options
    do u not think ket shud be a bit higher than c tho. i mean im not sure how dangerous it is, i've onl;y done it a few times, but its quite strong stuff, i suppose someone having a bad time couldnt really hurt anyone cause they wudnt be able to move all that much.
  • Options
    IMHO ket aint really all that but I do have friends who love it so I guess it's whatever floats your boat. I could see ket having certain mental effects on ther body (any docters out there no if it is neurotoxic or not?) but it's definately not as addictive as class A drugs or even class B drugs (speed/'phet)
  • Options
    oh wow. Ketamine being as laid back as weed could be amazing then. Good luck guys :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    oh wow. Ketamine being as laid back as weed could be amazing then. Good luck guys :thumb:

:confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

You realise that ket is going to be classed as class C in the future where as weed was class B but it was downgraded to class C (the oposite of what's happening with ket)
  • Options
    *TQ* wrote:
    IMHO ket aint really all that but I do have friends who love it so I guess it's whatever floats your boat. I could see ket having certain mental effects on ther body (any docters out there no if it is neurotoxic or not?) but it's definately not as addictive as class A drugs or even class B drugs (speed/'phet)

ket can be very addictive. I know a fair few people who've fucked up badly on it.
  • Options
    That's fair enough, I don't know anyone who's been addicted to ket but I don't know many people who've done it. It can't be as addictive as certain other drugs though can it?
  • Options
    Depends what you mean by addictive and what other drugs you're comparing it to.
  • Options
    that translates as ...CLass A is the highest in illegal, u gt in trouble
    CLASS B IS A LITTLE LESS BOVVER ...class c is ...most cops can't be arsed arresting you for it.
    but he can.
    and he will if he's having a bad day but then ...no one can be arsed to put it a court so you just looses your drugs.

Yeah the most the feds would do if they found C class on you is just to confiscate it. This guy I'm seeing lives RIGHT next to a police station who have sniffer dogs outside and the police regularly raid his pockets to see if he's got anything. They did find some hash a couple of times but the most they've done is just take it away and give him a clip around the ear... if they can be bothered.
    Oh Moroccan Roll: I was just wondering why you are called that.. or am I completely missing the obvious? (Was wondering cos I'm from Morocco.. born here tho)
  • Options
    I don't get the whole classification thing at all tbh.

Btw I had a pissed up conversation with my granddad last night about special k, which HE started! Lol I was quite suprised, he started talking about E and stuff :O
  • Options
    I don't get the whole classification thing at all tbh.

It's a bit stupid because they put a load of drugs with differing damage potentials into the same thing but the main jist is to separate the "bad" drugs from the really "bad" drugs. I.e. coke and heroin in class A while cannabis in class C. Then again ecstacy is in class A for some weird reason.
  • Options
    Well yeah, how is K any less dangerous than E?
  • Options

I don't make the rules. The whole system is fucked up.
  • Options

Im no expert by any means, but could it be because of the adictive propertys?

I have never done Ket.... but I have heard it can be very adictive...

where as pills arnt... they can be psychologically adictive (as in you get used to taking them every weekend.) but not physically adictive...

So that may make Ket more dangerous...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Im no expert by any means, but could it be because of the adictive propertys?

I have never done Ket.... but I have heard it can be very adictive...

where as pills arnt... they can be psychologically adictive (as in you get used to taking them every weekend.) but not physically adictive...

So that may make Ket more dangerous...

I think you inadvertantly proved a point.

If ket is more physically addictive than E's and it's class C and E's are class A, then there must be something wrong.
  • Options
    Aaargh it just makes no sense! For ecstasy trafficking (i.e. passing pills to your mates) you can get a max of SEVEN YEARS...okay they probably wouldn't do that, but the point is the system is, like turlough said, fucked. And K is a hallucinagenic too, but they group it with weed?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    And K is a hallucinagenic too, but they group it with weed?

MDMA and weed are also hallucinagenic.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Be careful with K guys, I know a guy who died using that stuff, there is no way on this earth it shud be class C its like telling people its not highly dangerous when it so blatently is.

btw as you all probably guessed I'm not a drug user but I'm definately not preaching just thought I'd tell u what I know about the stuff (and yep I'm sure you all kno a lot more than me anyway).

Cx
  • Options
    Ketamin is quite a powerful drug. I'd say Class C is quite slack for it really. I would have thought it'd be class B if anything, it can be very powerful if a lot is consumed.