Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Insecure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just out of interest, have you ever dated someone that was insecure? How did you feel about it, how were they towards you and the things that you did?

An old girlfriend of mine was insecure about everything, she wanted to jump straight into a serious relationship and even started to talk about "our babies" with in the first week of being with each other. She didn't like me reading FHM, didn't like me being with female mates and would phone me up every 5 minutes if I was. Regardless to say it lasted less than 3 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    Just out of interest, have you ever dated someone that was insecure? How did you feel about it, how were they towards you and the things that you did?

An old girlfriend of mine was insecure about everything, she wanted to jump straight into a serious relationship and even started to talk about "our babies" with in the first week of being with each other. She didn't like me reading FHM, didn't like me being with female mates and would phone me up every 5 minutes if I was. Regardless to say it lasted less than 3 weeks.

So no babies then? That goes beyond insecure and jumps into crazy. She's a class 5 clinger :p

I temporaly involved myself with a clinger. I told him from the start I wanted nothing but his weed and alcohol. He soon was "in love" No matter how much I told him the truth he kept getting crazier and crazier. And I only saw him abot 3 times.
  • Options
    I couldn't date an insecure person.

I'm very outgoing and loud, I talk to all sorts of people, girls included, an insecure girl would probably think I'd be trying to score with everyone, plus I like girls to be very strong mentally and comfortable with herself.
  • Options
    I don't mind a bit of insecurity - outgoing, confident girls get bored with me after about a week.

Talking about babies during the first week or even the foreseeable future is a big no-no though.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I don't mind a bit of insecurity - outgoing, confident girls get bored with me after about a week.

Talking about babies during the first week or even the foreseeable future is a big no-no though.

:yes: Agree i dont want a boyfriend that is always clingy and talking about babies i mean com'on get a life! But it is also a its really nice that your boyfriend misses you and is a bit worried about what you are doing, i think it shows that they care about you!. But i would only like a bit of that not to much where it crosses the line where they need to start looking for a place in the asylm center :p
  • Options
    old girlfriend of mine was insecure about everything, she wanted to jump straight into a serious relationship and even started to talk about "our babies" with in the first week of being with each other. She didn't like me reading FHM, didn't like me being with female mates and would phone me up every 5 minutes if I was. Regardless to say it lasted less than 3 weeks.

Scary!

I'm the same as most people who've already responded; I could never have a long-term relationship with a "clinger", I like a bit of harmless flirting and hate being questioned about where I was, who I was with etc. I think we'd both go crazy :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I don't think a bit of insecurity is such a bad thing but if hey've got it really bad it can kill a relationship.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, have you ever dated someone that was insecure?

I'm the one that's insecure. :p

To answer the Q, no.
  • Options
    not really insecurity but this lad once told me he loved me (via e-mail) after i'd seen him twice. this was after he'd fancied my sister and then went on to tell me he liked me 'cause he saw my sister in me. :lol: :yes:
  • Options
    not really insecurity but this lad once told me he loved me (via e-mail) after i'd seen him twice. this was after he'd fancied my sister and then went on to tell me he liked me 'cause he saw my sister in me. :lol: :yes:
    :lol:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    :lol:

:grump:

my sister had only just split up with his best mate when he proclaimed his feelings for her...then me!
  • Options
    My boyfriend is quite insecure, I've jus tstarted uni and his ex left him just after she had started, (way before he met me) so he's paranoid about me leavng him for some guy I meet at uni or somethig.

Very annoying, he asked me what I was wearing before I went ut tonight :banghead: 9not in a kinky way)

I'm used to dating confident guys, so it's a lot of hassle, especiially as I'm not the mothering and comforting kind of girlfriend.
  • Options
    im only attracted to very confident and forward guys so i've never had to deal with that problem. i dislike weak people so that would really do my head in.
  • Options
    I'm slightly insecure I suppose. Mainly because I was with my ex for 3 years and then he dumped me for someone else.
    I was a bit worried to begin with when I heard that my boyfriend is best mates with his ex, but I've had that all explained to me and it makes sense now.

I'm not overly clingy or whatever, but I probably am a bit annoying at times. Ah well. Nothing I can really do to change who I am. I just need to be more trusting!