Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hangover Cures

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its got to be a can of coke, and either a bacon balm or a McDonalds cheese burger and a quater pounder!
  • Options
    *TQ* wrote:
    Cure 1: mild-ish hangover
    If you feel sick with a bit of a headache as well it's gotta be blue powerade and a greasy fry up.

Cure 2: hangerover from hell
    If you've got the shakes (or what I've been suffering from recently, the "fake-shakes", I feel like I've got the shakes but I'm not even moving!), I normally try and neck a vodka and orange or a bottle of reef. If this doesn't work concede defeat and get ya fingers down ya throat you'll feel better for it. Make sure you keep drinking fluids though.

for one, hangover cures do not work, and if you have a rough head in the morning, getting rid of the contents of your stomach, after the night in question, is not going to help that much
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    for one, hangover cures do not work,

some obvious ones do i.e sleep and water.
    MrG wrote:
    and if you have a rough head in the morning, getting rid of the contents of your stomach, after the night in question, is not going to help that much

Quite often being sick in the morning brings up bile and once that's gone I always feel better.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    id say thats more of a recovering than "a cure"
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    id say thats more of a recovering than "a cure"

Drinking loads of water before you sleep will prevent a bad hangover. Sounds like a good cure to me.
    Weekender Offender