Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

unusual names

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    beans wrote:
    Pubic hair :p
    Haha, yes, I meant that. :p
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    IMAGE_00010.jpg

oh yes! found it

oi it's north lincolnshire now.

my name's lucinda, some might call that weird.

eta: but there is a hair salon called public hair on cole street but the L always gets stolen from the sign.
  • Options
    I can read it.

Mr Pubic Hair
    164 cole street.
    Scunthorpe
    South ..

About it tho.

South Humberside. :yes:
  • Options
    Kijika is such a fab name! I've never heard of that before, its lovely!

My names Elisa which is pronounced E-lee-sa, I think its pretty simple but looads of people say it wrong, it does annoy me sometimes, like they say Elissa, Elisha, Eliss-i-a, EliZa, stuff like that. My supervisor at work still calls me Elisha and I've been there for a year now, I've given up correcting her!

Even members of this very board say it wrong, no names mentioned :p (butpointstoDuffy)
  • Options
    Isn't it 16A as opposed to 164? Anyway most of these names and names in general I have no problem with. It only takes common sense to work them out
  • Options
    Kijika is such a fab name! I've never heard of that before, its lovely!

My names Elisa which is pronounced E-lee-sa, I think its pretty simple but looads of people say it wrong, it does annoy me sometimes, like they say Elissa, Elisha, Eliss-i-a, EliZa, stuff like that. My supervisor at work still calls me Elisha and I've been there for a year now, I've given up correcting her!

Even members of this very board say it wrong, no names mentioned :p (butpointstoDuffy)

everyone points at doofay for some reason or another :yes:
  • Options
    on all my documentation i'm Zoe Calliope which i find odd as Calliope is only one of my middle names but it always gets put like that or hyphenated

have had some imaginative 'Did you says' from it though - cappuacino, kareoke, killy-piggy (yup he got a slap) someone said 'kamikazee??'

yes my parents are actually insane enough to name me kamikazee....
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    We have a lady who works in one of our French offices at work called Fanny Tart

fanny.jpg
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    We have a lady who works in one of our French offices at work called Fanny Tart

fanny.jpg

=win.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    1983 wrote:
    =win.
    The worst bit is trying to keep a straight face when you hear: "hello, its Fanny from Calais Office", cue mute button and laughing away.....
  • Options
    my freinds name is Don-Louis Rudolph Walter George Zimmermann (we just call him donnie for short)

and lots of people think my second nae is strange, its Greenlees :<
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    The worst bit is trying to keep a straight face when you hear: "hello, its Fanny from Calais Office", cue mute button and laughing away.....

God, reminds me of a café in Glasgow called "Fanny Trollope's".

http://www.fannytrollopes.co.uk/