Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ecstacy's damaging effects?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi this might be a dumb question. I've done ecstacy about 4-5 times. each time i haven't gone over more than 1 and 1/2 pills. I just wanted to know if I'm at risk for any brain damage long-term? :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    It's highly doubtful.

The long term effects of it are unknown, constant use might make the brain unable to make serotonin and cause depression but this is far from certain and doing it only 4-5 times won't make much difference.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's highly doubtful.

The long term effects of it are unknown, constant use might makes the brain unable to make serotonin and cause depression but this is far from certain and doing it only 4-5 times won't make much difference.

oh alright thanks bro.
  • Options
    420 wrote:
    oh alright thanks bro.

Well, I used to take between 5 and 10 and sometimes more every friday night for over a year and I turned out alright...I think ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Well, I used to take between 5 and 10 and sometimes more every friday night for over a year and I turned out alright...I think ;)

wow... that is a lot. makes me feel a lot better. :D
  • Options
    Its certainly possible, the long term effects of MDMA on the brain are only just begining to be understood.

However, it is unlikely that you will produce noticable negative long term effects with only small levels of use.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    420, have you had a read through TheSite's fact sheet on Ecstacy? There is also some more information in the articles Can ecstacy kill?, Ecstacy and depression and E and holes in the brain.

Erowid also have a vast amount of information in their MDMA vault, and you can find reliable and factual information on both the Addaction and Drugscope websites.

So there is plenty of good information out there, and it is really good that you want to know more about what you are taking.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    So there is plenty of good information out there, and it is really good that you want to know more about what you are taking.

He doesnt strictly say he wants to know more about what he is taking, he just wants to know the untested, uncontrolled and impure drug he is taking isnt doing him any harm.
  • Options
    But it is better than not giving a fuck, isn't it.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    But it is better than not giving a fuck, isn't it.

Well yes, but there was no need to put it in such a crude manor.
  • Options
    With anything moderation is the key and finding your own limits as well. i could never take more than 4 pills in a night coz my stomach starts going into spazm, not nice ppl, not nice at all!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well yes, but there was no need to put it in such a crude manor.

Well I have a cold and my ability to think seems to have deserted me. Sorry I was so blunt. Oh, and its manner by the way...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Oh, and its manner by the way...

No I actually think he means you put that statement in a crude manor, will you go get it for me?
  • Options
    Maybe its the medication, but I really don't understand what you mean...
  • Options
    Medication? How dare you assume I'm on medication, I just take 40 pills a day for my head. No more no less!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Well I have a cold and my ability to think seems to have deserted me. Sorry I was so blunt. Oh, and its manner by the way...

You're quite right, lets just say we both feel shame, though my shame is mellowed by me still being drunk from last nights bowling adventure, 127! I rock.
  • Options
    With anything moderation is the key and finding your own limits as well. i could never take more than 4 pills in a night coz my stomach starts going into spazm, not nice ppl, not nice at all!

Yeah, it's like my ex flat mates are fine on about three pills a night, maybe four, and they've been taking them for about a year.

I've been taking them since August and already I feel like I'm not getting much of a hit if I don't double drop and I need to take about 5 in a night. But then maybe it's just a crap batch, who knows.
  • Options
    Nah it's your tolerance more than likely, you need to get yourself some MDMA powder.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's like my ex flat mates are fine on about three pills a night, maybe four, and they've been taking them for about a year.

I've been taking them since August and already I feel like I'm not getting much of a hit if I don't double drop and I need to take about 5 in a night. But then maybe it's just a crap batch, who knows.

Everyone is different, and comparisons between how many pills you take are virtually pointless because of differing strengths.