Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hospital - what to wear?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when i went into hospital to start with (my local hospital) i had my own room with a TV and video in it! i was quite lucky i guess

then when i was in liver intensive care in london after my transplant i was getting so bored that my parents brought me a brand new TV to watch in there! it was so nice to watch TV after staring at the same 4 walls for a week, not being able to get out of bed.

however when i was moved to the ward after being in intensive care for 3 weeks there was one of them hospicom things in there but the nurses were nice and gave me a TV to watch ;D

but i do agree, those bed side tv / phone / internet things are bloody expensive,

If i had used one of them for every day i was in hospital, it would of cost £147 for me just to watch TV!! now thats expensive.
  • Options
    omgs, they have let me home for a while :D:D:D

there are no consultants about today, nor are there any tests being done, so i have been given day leave today (have to go back before tonight, then they will assess me again tomorrow morning and hopefully let me go tomorrow too!)

i'm doing pretty well up there, i have a room on my own with a (free!) tv. no remote though, so when i'm feeling grotty i tend to just get stuck on one channel. certainly beats counting ceiling tiles, although i have already made a big dint in my first book.

if anyone's interested, not a great deal of progress has been made. apparently i am a medical conundrum. there is an strange opaque mass in my lungs. the radiologist said he'd never seen anything like it before. the lung man is coming in to see me on monday.

other than that, i have a borderline hypothermic body temperature (35.5 - 35.7), erratic (but generally low) blood pressure, very low BMI, tenderness and swelling in both armpit lymph nodes, protein and ketones in my urine (but a normal blood glucose level) and 'odd' thickening of some of my muscles. blood tests are all normal, except my bilirubin is high, but it is always high. congrats if you know what any of that means. i admit i had to google.

'baffled' is the word of the day, apparently. a whole host of consultants are coming to see me on monday and tuesday, and i'm really hoping they don't try and move me to another ward, and lose my private room and tv.

that's all folks.
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you Kaff, I hope they find something they can treat soon *Hugs*
  • Options
    Yeah, same here. At least they're taking you seriously to do all this, which is good. :thumb:
  • Options
    Hello!

So what have you been wearing then?

Hope things get sorted out. :)
  • Options
    Kermit, cant remember off the top of my head but im sure we had a brief at work to say that ofcom had ruled that the companies should reduce incoming call charges.

Its so expensive to ring the hospital and some people dont realise just how long they have been on the phone.
  • Options
    hey kaffrin,

just wanted to say hope everything goes ok, and they manage to make some kind of diagnosis. let us know what happens.

hugs, tates :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    When i was up in the Royal London Hosp, i got a free tv n isolation room... however the tv turned itself off after 9pm every evening, and didn't come on til 8am :eek2: , so i spent the whole night twiddling my fingers, lookin out the window at the busy streets, textin boyf, n going to the loo- thoroughly good night!

Hope all goes well 4 u!
    x

i would of hated that, when i was in hospital i used to watch TV until like 3/4am each day, it would of killed me if i could only watch TV until 9pm!!