Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

God Bless America

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Whose death? :confused:

I'd imagine the ickle wickle fluffy baybees. But the death penalty is ok because at that stage, you're outside the uterus. It's why I love my user status so much ;)
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I'd imagine the ickle wickle fluffy baybees. But the death penalty is ok because at that stage, you're outside the uterus. It's why I love my user status so much ;)
    :D
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to make of this. On the one side, I do have my doubts about the death penalty. But on the other, this man has been found guilty by every court that tried him. At the end of the day, the decision on punishment has to be taken considering the facts. I also believe the fact he never confessed to his crimes also counts against him. A man who shows no remorse cannot be a free man.

On the wider issue of the death penalty, I don't believe we have the right to lecture the US about it, neither do they have the right to lecture us about how we do things. Opinion on the death penalty inside the US is very divided, maybe this is in its last days of existence.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Death Penalty = :thumb:

Imho.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Death Penalty = :thumb:
    Imho.
    Interesting. Would you like to elaborate?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Interesting. Would you like to elaborate?
    I don't see the point in keeping some people in jail - the people who have no remorse or regret for what they have done, for instance. They aren't going to get back out, so why bother? Also people who will be in jail until they die.

Whats the point? That cell could be used far better for someone else. A bullet it easier, and more logical.
  • Options
    Do you know something that the BBC doesn't?
    yeah, it was me, I did it. The point that I was trying to make is that being glad that a bad person is dead does not imply that you support the death penalty. Simple really.
    If the outcome makes you happy, then you share responsibility for the cause, or is that a bit too difficult for youy to work out?
    I'm responsible you say? I don't recall, 1 being a citizen of California, 2 voting in support of the death penalty, 3 put a needle full of poison in the mans arm, 4 ever stated that I approve of a government killing its criminals. So where am I responsible, because I don't mind that a bad person is no longer with us? I think we've covered that already.

Your knee jerk liberal reaction of "he doesn't mind that this man is dead so he must approve of the way he died" partly contributes to the image that liberals are all a bunch of cry babies.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    What a crock of shit.
    thank you, glad somone else thought so as well.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I don't see the point in keeping some people in jail - the people who have no remorse or regret for what they have done, for instance. They aren't going to get back out, so why bother? Also people who will be in jail until they die.

Whats the point? That cell could be used far better for someone else. A bullet it easier, and more logical.
    So, what do you advocate? Shooting them against a wall in the same way that deserters were shot in World War 1? Splattering their brains over the wall?
  • Options
    Indeed - imagine there being any link between the following two statements.

I am against the death penalty.

However I am glad they killed Tookie Williams.

:)
    and here is where we learn that there has been a misscomunication, I thought I made myself clear but maybe I didn't. I don't like that "they" killed him, but I don't mind the fact that he is dead. Had he died of natural causes I'd feel about the same.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    and self serving trade "agreements".
    I'll bet Clinton and Reagon are still laughing themselves silly over those.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    So, what do you advocate? Shooting them against a wall in the same way that deserters were shot in World War 1? Splattering their brains over the wall?
    yes. it is one of the better [painless] ways to die-quick and easy. also cost effecive - and in what way is a criinal better than a deserter? [i am using onscreen keyboard-it sucks]
  • Options
    what utter leftwing linberal grey sandals shite has been spoken in this thread ...no names needed.

some of you take far to seriously the stuff you read ...you know the way you throw it at those who believe wat was written in the bible ...some of you are as religously fucking nutty with your choice of beliefs!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    On the wider issue of the death penalty, I don't believe we have the right to lecture the US about it
    Why not? I mean it'd probably help to get the point across (whatever the point is).
    Opinion on the death penalty inside the US is very divided, maybe this is in its last days of existence.
    not if it keeps going the way it has, "welcome to Cheney's america, watch out for the LAPD if your black, they've got itchy fingers."
  • Options
    what utter leftwing linberal grey sandals shite has been spoken in this thread ...no names needed.

some of you take far to seriously the stuff you read ...you know the way you throw it at those who believe wat was written in the bible ...some of you are as religously fucking nutty with your choice of beliefs!
    Is everything you say cryptic, or do I just need to learn to read between the lines? :chin:
  • Options
    Is everything you say cryptic, or do I just need to learn to read between the lines? :chin:
    errr ...i dunno.
    oi#ll get back to you.
  • Options
    Yes, God bless America.