Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iraq war and Sen. John Kerry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sen. John Kerry regarding Iraq war on 2004 presidential campaign he made the following statement: "Knowing what I know now still I would have voted for the Iraq war." This statement speaks volumes! This was very strange position to take! No Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) were found and there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and 911 attack and still Sen. John Kerry would have voted for attacking Iraq? This is incredibly an indefensible position! Then what would be the justification for Sen. Kerry to vote yes for attacking Iraq under these conditions? Wasn't this amazing that Mr. "Flip Flopper" stopped being a "Flip Flopper" just for this peculiar position!?

Sen. John Kerry might argue that Saddam was a Mad Man and he attacked his neighbors and he massacred his people. Here we need to remember a little bit about the historical facts. First, we need to remember that Saddam attacked Iran with US blessing and US active intelligence support. Second, while planning for 1991 First Iraq war US policy makers had already decided to liberate Kuwait but keep Saddam in power. The rational for this policy was to stop Iraq from falling to the pieces. Since 1991 President Bush, the father, and some members of his administration spelled out this policy in various interviews. Inline with this policy US military after defeating Saddam they allowed Saddam to keep his troops intact. US military had trapped Saddam's troops in Kuwait, and they opened the gate and allowed Saddam's troops to move from Kuwait to Iraq and also they kept all their war weapons. In the terms of armistice US military could easily deprive Saddam's troops from keeping their equipment.

While US policy makers had already decided to keep Saddam in power President Bush 41 and Voice of America in the Middle East were encouraging and urging Kurds in the North and Shiites in the South to rise up and kick out the Weakened Saddam out of power! Poor Kurds and Shiites believed in US president and they rose up to kick Saddam out of power! Before the insurrection got any momentum US gave back to Saddam his tanks and his helicopters and Saddam mercilessly attacked Kurds and Shiites and annihilated them! Then US Government cried humanitarian disaster!!! And then US declared no flying zone and US rushed to help Kurds in the North!

Now, who was the Mad Man? Saddam who crushed his oppositions to stay in power or the US policy makers who acted so wickedly and they designed and planned like a Maniac? US Government is playing a lot of dirty games and we, the American people, are paying so dearly for those actions, and we are wondering why the other people do not appreciate US Government!? We did not really feel THE ENORMOUS PAIN and THE ENORMOUS AGONY which the Kurds and the Shiites suffered, so it is only natural that NOW we, ourselves also, are at the receiving end of similar Sick Plots. Isn't it true those who ignore the lessons of history, they are doomed to re-live it themselves?

It would be outrageously cynical to think that in present Iraq war the US policy makers might be handling both sides! But knowing what kind of wicked game they played in 1991 that is not that far fetched! Actually Donald Rumsfeld regarding Iraq he commented: "Democracy is Untidy." This was clear indication what kind of democracy US policy makers have designed for Iraq. It was also announced: "dismantling Iraq's army was a mistake". What is the problem, why cannot they hire them back!? As you have noticed Republicans, Democrats, and the media have ignored this obvious, simple, straight, and effective solution. The low ranking Saddam military personnel have lost their jobs, their livelihood, and their hopes so they have a real personal vendetta against the US military. And since they had military training then the carnage of their attacks are so costly. Besides of arguing whether Iraq war is right or wrong, we also need to focus why Iraq war so grossly and so mysteriously has been mishandled? I can not accept the people who are in charge of the war operation to be this limited. They are setting incredible records in futility, and still we can not identify any scapegoat to decorate him with futility! We are the SUPER POWER in most categories; military, economics, science, and media. Isn't it odd that we can not figure out to any degree of satisfaction what is going on in this war? It seems US policy makers purposely fuel the hostility in Iraq. At least in Iraq's case Democracy is indeed very Untidy!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now let us closely examine Sen. Kerry's statement regarding the Present Iraq war: "Knowing what I know now still I would have voted for the Iraq war." this was a very odd and peculiar position to take. Knowing the mind-set of Sen. Kerry which he expressed: "In order America go to a war she must pass the Global Test." One would wonder how an experienced politician like Sen. John Kerry with all his political advisers could take these kinds of unjustifiable, indefensible, and ridiculous positions?

While a lot of political commentators were gasping about this absurd position of Sen. John Kerry, strangely enough no reporter bothered to put Sen. Kerry on the spot and ask him regarding the justification for attacking Iraq under these conditions; NO WMD and NO INVOLVEMENT IN 911 ATTACK. Attacking Iraq under these conditions would have been against all the established International Laws. No veteran politician could be this limited, yet alone the Democrat Candidate for the presidency of the United States!

This Sen. Kerry who took such funny position, was he the same Sen. Kerry who won the primaries with such ease? Was he the same Sen. Kerry who delivered such a beautiful and eloquent speech in Democrats' Convention? This does not make any sense! The Iraq war was the focal point of Presidential Election 2004 and Sen. Kerry's ridiculous statement was great relief for President Bush's tight position.

However, I think US policies can not get trivialized with NAIVE ANALYSIS like these. The only way that I can reconcile peculiar behaviors of Sen. John Kerry in campaign 2004 would be TO ASSUME that Sen. John Kerry was just fulfilling a phoney role which was scripted and masterfully choreographed for him by the Trilateral High Commissioner. The Trilateral Commission is EXTREMELY POWERFUL and EXTREMELY MYSTERIOUS enterprise which the media sarcastically refer to it as "The Conspiracy Theory".

At President Bush news conferences while the reporters were asking questions few times the camera showed a glimpse of President Bush who was reading his own notes. President Bush supposed to listen to the reporter in order to be able to answer the question rather than reading his own notes! It seems to me that all the questions and the answers in those setting might be preplanned and staged. Specially with this President Bush because of his limited background all his speeches comes from some notebooks which are prepared for him at the podium. We are living at Golden Age of art, the actors who are playing our politics you would have hard time to distinguish if they are improvising according to a script or they are expressing their own views. Do you remember how Sen. Ted Kennedy introduced Sen. John Kerry in a political rally for Iowa primary? Do you remember how Governor Howard Dean reacted when he came far distance third in Iowa primary? Indeed our environment has been enriched with brilliant actor-politicians!

Some people might look at the enormity of this claim with total disbelief. They would demand more solid evidence in support of this claim. For a solid evidence you do not need to look further than President Bush 43 himself. It would have been impossible such a all around limited person with all his speech and educational deficiencies to pass the intensive scrutiny of a LEGITIMATE media. If the system allows the public to hear President Bush without any rehearsal then we would hear something like this: "I think the American people, I hope the American, I don't think, let me, I hope the American people trust me." George W. Bush - Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002. After noticing this capability then I concluded all those presidential debates must have been skillfully choreographed and intensely rehearsed. After all we are getting entertained by the system which can preform incredible miracles.

We readily have blamed and insulted the religious groups for their short-sightedness. But Jesus lovers are smarter than that to fall for an imposter just because he claimed he was born again. Since all President Bush'S social policies are totally against the working middle class and the poor people, then we can easily justify to label him anti-Christ. Almost all Jesus lovers when it comes to the essential of their lives they choose a qualified expert over ANY unqualified person. For example almost 100% of times they choose a surgeon to do their operations. So if the believers truly voted for President Bush for the second time, then that was truly a marvelous deception by the system.

However, the High Commissioner by appointing such a limited person for US presidency or by displaying Monica Lewinsky affair UNNECESSARILY exposing his /her own presence. Because it is impossible to have these kinds of odd and strange characters one after another one for US presidency. I could think of few motives for these choices; maybe the High Commissioner wanted to show off the extent of his /her control, or maybe he /she wanted to lift off the curtain from his /her own operation, or maybe the system is studying the sociological impact of this kind of havoc, or maybe they want to amuse the public from the boring nature of the politics.

May God Bless us all,
Unes

Comments

• Options
    Good post :thumb: . Unfortunately, mainstream news outlets rarely do anything but skim the surface. I wonder why eh?
  • Options
    Are you not the same unes who's made some seriously funny posts in your support of Bush?
  • Options
    Iraq war and Sen. John Kerry
    turlough wrote:
    Are you not the same unes who's made some seriously funny posts in your support of Bush?
    Yes I am the same person, thank you for remembering.
    Are you sure the content of that post was in support of Bush?

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Heheheh.
  • Options
    just shows the flaw in Senator Kelly.

Not sure I agree with everything you said on the war tho, lol. But I won't get into that. I am hated enough on here.

its just the same with kyoto though, he wouldn't have signed it either. When supporting candidates, remmebr to study everything they say, don't just assume things because they are the opposition.