Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how long did it take you get over your first love?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I broke up with my partner a couple days ago. It hurts really bad. Im at the "cant eat, cant sleep" stage. I havent eaten properly in a couple days. Tried to sleep but always wake up in the night thinking of him. I feel like a shell, like my heart has been taken out of my body. We were together nearly 2 years and he is absolutely wonderful in every way. There are so many good qualities about him. And I pushed him away, so now he's gone. He has another partner now, seems to be happy and content. We are still very close, we still speak on a daily basis because I am a wreck. I cry all the time. I dont feel as if i can cope really. So he calls and we speak for hours.

I still want him back. I love him so much. I still want to be given another chance, but everytime he speaks about the girl, i know it isn't going to happen. The chance gets slimmer and slimmer.

Such is life. :-(
  • Options
    yeah i understand the cant eat sleep thing from when my wife left a few months ago. after 2months of having 0-2hrs of sleep a night i went to the docs for sleeping tablets. used them for about a 2-3weeks then decided that wasn't doing me any good so i only use them when i really really REALLY need too.
  • Options
    Still working on it
  • Options
    Chan-Chan, that stage goes away and you realize how silly it was. Having constant contact with the person only prolongs you feeling like that.

The best remedy is to get out and meet other lads, even if you don't like them as much.
    I understand what ur saying, but it really isn't that easy. We had been together for nearly 2 years - in that time we had lived together and so much stuff has gone on between us. Because I failed him I lost him and now I regret it. Im so angry with myself. Its long to type it all out, but in a nutshell he is a great guy. A wonderful person. I really dont want anyone else.
  • Options
    "every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back"

i like that thinking