Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First Car?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My first car was a Ford Orion - it was fantastic. After that I had loads of company cars, then a Mondeo, then a Rover Sterling, then a Peugeot 205GTi, then a Subaru Impreza.

The best car, without a shadow of a doubt, was the Peugeot 205GTi. Still nice looking, cheap to buy, reasonable to insure, good on fuel, cheap parts. Great fun, easy to park. I've regretted selling it ever since. I was thoroughly disappointed with my 5 year old Impreza when comparing it to my 18 year old 205...

In my, fairly worthless, opinion... find a 205. The XS is a cracking car - a perky 1.4 engine, light, nimble, next to no rust on them - you should find a really good one for £500. Parts are cheap at GSF, they are simple(none of the modern electrical nonsense), nobody will bother trying to nick it, lots of people have fond memories of them...
  • Options
    I got a Nissan Micra (new shape) and its fab, I love it loads its about $77 (i cant find the pound symbol!!) a month to insure, only just two years old
  • Options
    thats expensive insurance!