Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

house...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
so its been about a month since i got burgled, im still really scared to be in my house. i have put 2 locks on the window which is how they broke in, so i know they would have to break the enitre frame, but im so scared being here, even during the day if im by myself!! its stupid!! i know loads of students get broken into but how did u sort it out, get over it??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

It's perfectly understandable why you are scared and there's no reason why you should face it alone. Have you considered going to see someone at Victim Support? The national office number is 020 7735 9166 and you can ask to speak to someone about your break in.

Take good care of yourself ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    TheOne wrote:
    how did u sort it out, get over it??
    you constantly remind yourself that it is over... then you buy a baseball bat :p

......... seriously though... if it is having such an effect on your emotional well being and you're scared all the time you could always try and find out about moving elsewhere.