Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushy (damp) Speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just bombed some speed, haven't taken the stuff in 3 years.

It was like a paste though, just pure mush, so not snortable. I didn't know what the fuck.

Fill me in anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Quite normal...most speed these days is like that, I think it's washed with something
  • Options
    Well it's goin OK so far, tenner a gram, only taken a wee bit so far. I'll keep u posted...You on msn tonight?
  • Options
    Some people say the wetter it is the better or something but I dunno how true it is. Snorting it kills. On friday my eyes watered like a bitch.
  • Options
    I doubt the wetter the better, as then dealers wud just moisturize their shit. But it's good so far. Just split rest of gram and bombed with mate...
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    I doubt the wetter the better, as then dealers wud just moisturize their shit. But it's good so far. Just split rest of gram and bombed with mate...
    Thats what I thought.
  • Options
    Well my 'Basic Instinct' would say that moist stuff aint good, but this stuff isn't bad...
  • Options
    The way with most speed these days, although the brown sticky speed i had before was brilliant, felt like superman.
  • Options
    I'm not Superman, I'm fucking King Kong right now.
  • Options
    Lol must be good enough then, i've always found speed a bit boring myself, no real euphoria with it.
  • Options
    The wetness is just that, wet, it doesnt mean that its stronger and nor does the smell have anything to do with the strength either.

Pure amphetamine sulphate should be pure white, dry crystals which dont smell that much.
  • Options
    I Someone was telling me that the yellow paste stuff is quite strong or is it just yellow and thats that.
  • Options
    I Someone was telling me that the yellow paste stuff is quite strong or is it just yellow and thats that.

Most stuff like that is like urban myth stuff.

"Oh that yellow speed is fucking great" actually thinking that all yellow speed is great. It's usually a yelllowish colour when wet anyway.
  • Options
    i got a load of that wet stuff a while ago and dried it out .. made a few grams difference in the end but it was still good gear
  • Options
    Never mind the colour/taste, i would always smell the speed and if it has a good strong stench then you know your onto a winner

Smell doesnt have much to do with it either, pure amphetamine shouldn't have a strong smell.
  • Options
    Smell can be a good indicator, but the smell 9/10 wont come from the speed.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but Bong is right. Amphetamine Sulphate doesn't have a strong odour. Have you ever tested the speed you get?
  • Options
    Scientific testing of the chemical composition of speed is a little more rigourous than sniffing it.

I don't want to give you a hard time about this, but... I don't have a problem if you believe the smell is a good indicator of the quality of the amphetamine you are getting. What I do take issue with is the fact that people may surmise from your post that that is the way to tell if they are getting more pure speed, and it isn't.
  • Options
    but, generally, good base smells stinking

i think its a practical indictor that works most of the time
  • Options
    Do you have any idea what makes it smell the way it does? I know I am going on about it, but from the infomation in this thread it is a baseless assumption. Until someone gives me a good reason for the assumption I will keep challenging the idea that strong smell = good base.
  • Options
    nope, im basing it on my expierence which i think is 100% relevant like everyone else's
  • Options
    Many a time i have tested it, not in any way chemically but you know, scientifically as it can be called.
    The point is where in the UK are you supposed to purchase some pure amphetamines unless your a chemist with great knowledge.
    If you read my post i mentioned that i was talking about base

Of course, but I'm guessing the base you are getting is white, probably a wet white lump, which means it is amphetamine sulphate and shouldnt smell very strongly.

If however you are buying a grey paste then you are buying amphetamine freebase and that will smell.

No one is having a go at you, and no one is saying that in your experience smell doesnt mean strength, what we are saying is that the smell isnt the strength of the speed.
  • Options
    unless it is a white lump which i know has gotta do the job

Or its baking soda, one of the two...
  • Options
    obviously not, i already know that but i wouldn't buy speed from someone if i couldn't smell it, unless it is a white lump which i know has gotta do the job

Then in that case you are buying speed on assumptions that actually mean nothing.

Once again, pure amphetamine sulphate, does not smell. It is not the speed that you're smelling, but what it has been cut with.

No doubt you're dealer is telling you its pure, or base, or whatever.
    So, he's lying, and you're buying stuff that has been cut... unless it is almost odourless.

So, to summarise. Smell means nada.
  • Options
    ok then so, next time im down i must make sure the stuff he has doesn't have the smell so i can have the shittest high ever.(due to the fact they would never have pure sulphate)

Bong since when have you ever went out and bought good base that doesnt have a good strong whiff?

No one is saying that there (sometimes) is a relation between strong smelling and strong speed. What we are saying is that its not because of the smell its strong.

To be honest when I used to buy speed it didnt often have much of a smell, it would come as a hard white lump which needed to be shaved. Speed can really easily be cut, so its a gamble whatever it looks/smells like.
  • Options
    everwonderwhy, I am still not sure you get the point... Do you agree that unless you test the speed there is no sure way of telling how strong or pure it is? I understand that you are saying that in your experience, the speed you have had that you though ws good speed had a strong smell. Fair enough. But... that doesn't mean that others will be able to go to other dealers and use that principle to get good speed. Fair enough?
  • Options
    Ok another obvious point you've made, thats like saying the smell of bacon burning doesnt mean it is.

the smell does not make the speed strong but normally its a good factor of how the speed is going to be unless it is, as you say pur amphetamine sulphate which tbh i haven't seen in a while

A question, have you ever had/heard of pink champagne?

No, its not the same, because the burnt smell comes from the bacon, the smell does NOT come from the amphetamine.

Its like saying that blonde haired dealers always give you good speed, they may do, but it has nothing to do with their hair.

And yes, I have heard of it, though the term means more than one thing.
  • Options
    Well if you've heard of it have you ever taken it?

I haven't no.

Depending on who you talk to its pink really strong speed, or MDMA and meth mixed.
  • Options
    The speed I've enjoyed the most tastes like the smell of slightly damp grass being mown in the springtime.
  • Options
    and what about the smell?

well I guesst he taste and the smell are linked... but I've not thought about it seperatley and don't have any to check. May be able to upate on that one on monday.
  • Options
    Mine had a sort of flowery smell as well.