Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

English curriculum need adjustments?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rant:

I want the English curriculum to enter a period of transition - to the better. I am appaled by the grade system and how the criterias are in my school - which is run according to the English system. They lower your grade in the first term and their reason is:

"We want to raise you later."

Wtf? It's the current level that matters and not progress. If a student deserves an A, B or whatever grade, they should get it. Just like other members in my family, they worked their fucking asses off to get the best grade possible, and earned a mere B-C. They deserved an A for God's sake.

Please answer this question:

If you ace tests, participate in class discussions and hand in work which is beyond comparison, what grade should they deserve?

They give you a lower grade intentionally just to raise you later. Where's the logic? What I want to discuss is whether you feel that lowering someone's grade intentionally is fair for the student? It's almost like they want you to hand in worse pieces of work and then improve. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soixante wrote:
    The entire national curriculum is a joke!

You learn shitloads of crap which NEVER will have relevance in your life!!!!! :cool:
    Wow... Guess who's back. :rolleyes: