Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time on The Telephone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much time do you spent each month on the phone - mobile and landline and what's it all costing you and what's the longest you've ever spent on the phone?

A few weeks ago I spent the longest time ever on the phone - a full 5 hours in one phone call - I was only expecting it to be a quick 10 to 20 minute call and instead ending up chatting all night to this person cos they were so interesting (first time I'd ever spoken to them) - luckily I dialed from a landline and the whole 5 hours only costed me 3p

Other then that I doubt I spend more then 1 to 2 hours a month on the phone and since I have inclusive minutes and had a free phone and line rental for the last 4 years it hasn't really cost me anything.

Comments

• Options
    hardly much....people always text me or talk to me online instead
    longest ive spent on the phone in 1 go was 3 hours
    though 2 of my best friends who are together spent 8 hours on the phone once :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I spent nine hours on the phone once, to my ex. Hardly spend anytime on the phone nowdays though, I either text/msn or see my friends in real life. Most of my phone calls are just quick ones to arrange meeting up and stuff.
  • Options
    I've got 1000 off peak mins per month on my mobile contract which I usually use.

Longest in one call was probably about 2 and a half hours :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When I had my old job I'd spend hours on the phone everyday but then workign in Telecoms you'd expect to.

When I'm talking to my mates, a call wont last longer than 2 minutes. Enough time to find out what what they're doing and if they fancy a pint. I hate talking on telephones.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    On my cell, I use about 800 minutes a month and send about 2000 texts. (though msn messages do count agains my texts)

My bill is about $80 a month as I have lots of extras.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fuck all. I hardly use the phone much these days.
  • Options
    If its to my mates I'll only spend 5 minutes tops chatting to them, so I dont really call out much. But the longest I've spent on the phone was about 10 hours, was expensive :(
  • Options
    How could you spend 10 hours on the phone? :eek2:

Longest I've done was a mere 2 1/2...I feel inadequate
  • Options
    How could you spend 10 hours on the phone? :eek2:

Longest I've done was a mere 2 1/2...I feel inadequate

10pm till 8am during the summer holidays when i was wee, to the girl i fancied :blush:
  • Options
    Bless.

My housemate's spent around 4 hours on the phone in one go.

That soon stopped when I pointed out the phone bill...!
  • Options
    I've never spent more than about an hour on the phone, ever.

I don't really talk to anybody on the phone. I only ever communicate with my friends by text/msn/face to face.
  • Options
    I don't like talking on the phone, so 0 minutes for me..lol.

I txt/email mainly. Ilora x
  • Options
    I've gabbed to my bloke on the phone fooooooooooooor..5 hours. Was grand. All about everything and nothing. Best conversations ever :thumb:
  • Options
    I've 200mins and 100 texts on my mobile every month and I normally use them all... Texting is by far the best communication! :)
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    10pm till 8am during the summer holidays when i was wee, to the girl i fancied :blush:
    Awwwwwww....

Longest I've ever spent on the phone was about 3 hours. I do ring people lots though.

Thank God for free minutes >.<.
  • Options
    I mainly text and email at the moment as I live in student halls. I mainly only talk to my friends on my moblie for a couple of minutes max. I'm forever talking to me friend via msn though.

Even when I am at home and on the phone I'm never on it for more then about 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Most I've spent is about 3 hours. At home we get 59 minute free phonecalls, so you just hang up and dial again and it's all free!
    I communicate by email because it's free, as my phone is PAYG it's really expensive to call or text from it.
  • Options
    On my one mobile I have 500 free mins and on my other I have 300. I always go over on both by about 6 hours on one and only about half hour on the other.
  • Options
    I don't like talking on the phone, so 0 minutes for me..lol.

I txt/email mainly. Ilora x

Oh same here. They say I have the fastest thumb in the west :p
    My inbox only keeps 99 messages and 50 emails at a time (because tmobile sucks) and i have to delete them all out at least every other day. i :heart: my unlimited texts. and only $10 a month. What a steal.
  • Options
    Fuck all.

My convos on phones are like "well, whats the craic, where ya going tonight, ok i'll meet you at X time at X place, bye"
  • Options
    I don't spend ages on the phone in one big session usually, longest was about 4 hours. I do make phone calls that last about an hour three or four times a week, I spend about £30 a month on my contract and landline combined, but £25 of that is my contract, which I'll probably downgrade to pay as you go when my contract ends as I hardly use my mobile enough to warrant spending that.
  • Options
    i am all about the mobil... I think around 1000 minutes a month, when I amon really good behavior... :wave:
  • Options
    13 hours!? Woah. I thought i spent a long time on the phone!

Longest phone call i've ever had is probably about 4 hours, Most of the time I spend about 1 and a half to 2 hours though..

Would only ever spend that amount of time on my mobile though, only on a landline..
  • Options
    I have spent about an hour and a half on a phone call before. I tend to msn/text people rather then phone. Spend about £40 a month on my PAYG mobile which can seem a lot but its all good.
  • Options
    My boyfriend lives in Brazil. I live in London. Enough said really.
  • Options
    I used to jabber on for three or four hours to the lass when we lived at other sides of the country.

Now I'm probably on the phone for about 10-20 minutes a day, depending on how many times I need to ring the Court to get them to do their job properly, etc etc.

I get 200 free minuteas a month on my phone, and normally use them.
  • Options
    About an hour.
  • Options
    I'm another who doesn't like talking on the phone. Only stay on long enough to get whatever it is I'm ringing for, although I do occasionally enjoy a good old chinwag with my Mam when I haven't seen her in a while.

I more than make up for it by writing epic emails and letters, though. I need to work on that.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'm another who doesn't like talking on the phone. Only stay on long enough to get whatever it is I'm ringing for, although I do occasionally enjoy a good old chinwag with my Mam when I haven't seen her in a while.
    Same.

Longest is about an hour to a girl I fancied at school.
  • Options
    I use all my free text messages (300 a month) and often spend about £80 a month on calls and extra texts too.

Most of my calls are 2 min ones though, it's just that I make an awful lot of them. I've just spent 40 mins on the phone to my best mate. That's a VERY long phone call for me. But then, he called me, so I'm not complaining :D