Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i paranoid?!

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
hey guys.
not been here for ages! is everyone ok? hope so!
anyways, just a real quick one. i met this lad on saturday, and he seemed really nice, but that was about it. then he text me on sunday asking to meet up. anyways, im supposed to be meeting him, but i cant stop thinking he is going to stand me up, and i dont know why! :nervous: its never happened before so im a tad confused as to why i feel like this now? my tummy is in overload on the backflips, and i cant sit still im so worried about it. how can i be so worried about someone who are hardly know? can anyone PLEASE tell me whats up with me, and how i can stop feeling like this, because i am driving myself mad!
Thank you all so much.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll calm down.

Yes, yoiu are being paranoid. Easy to do if someone really grabs your attention.
  • Options
    you need to distract yourself, stop thinking about it.
  • Options
    i wish i could calm down, i should be writing an essay, but i cant stay still for long enough! lol! but thanks anyway. ill just have to wait it out which is what is doing my head in! just hope he shows! fingers crossed and all that!
    xx
  • Options
    Hey good luck i hope it goes well for you. if he doesn't show then yeah you'll b a little gutted n that but his loss!!! Don't worry n have fun x
  • Options
    Ahhh everyone gets a little paranoid with a new lad, I remember with my current boyf he was taking me on our first date at 7pm and I was ready and on the phone to my friend by half 5 contemplating what I'd do if he didn't like me enough and didn't turn up. 14 months later the boy is making me find out how much it is to add one another to the others car in insurance. :rolleyes:

You'll be fine :yes:
  • Options
    you'll be fine! if he wants to meet up with you and txt you then chances are he'll turn up! don't ruin the run up to it by getting all paranoid over nothing. if he doesn't turn up then he's a nobhead, and you'll know not to bother with him! have a good time.. :yes:
  • Options
    dont be paranoid. why dont you go do something totally different to distract yourself?

by turning something like this over and over in your mind cant be good cos if anything were to develop it could distort your views on the whole thing. Be relaxed...go with the flow!
    let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    hey just a quick one to say thanks, and that everything went well. both being doin loads of work...hence me disappearing for a while! lol! but im happy now, and worrying over nothing! thanks ever so much for calming me down!! :)